Page 1 of 4
So tonight I was at a party my friends were throwing, pretty casual just about 20 or so ppl. During a discussion I happened to mention that I played guitar (this may have been to impress a cute chick, either way I admit nothing) So I say I play guitar and one of the girls says: You should listen to Leather So Soft by Lil' Wayne, that nigga can make it scream (her exact wording, and she was white btw) I didn't think about it for the rest of the evening.

So after the party, after not getting lucky I came home and decided to listen to the track the girl had mentioned. I knew Wayne was a rapper and I had even heard a couple of his songs (If you can call them that) But I had heard nothing about him being able to play so I was kinda intrigued. I look the song up on YouTube and take a listen. I make it nearly to the end and I was wondering where the ''awesome solo'' was. There were a couple of shots of Weezy, as he is called clumsily attempting to act like he is playing an actual instrument. Even though I did not expect much there was nothing that could have prepared me for what was about to ensue.

The sounds he produced were akin to a braindead toddler banging the guitar with a slegdehammer while all ****ed up on whatever hallucinogenic of your choice. He was plucking 2 notes with his thumb with little care for precision, melody or pretty much anything related to music. I would have found it funny if it wasn't so goddamn pathetic. I looked up information about the track and album and it was called rock and heavy metal influenced. I found that hard to believe. Sure, there are people who know how to play their instruments dicking around in the background but calling this rock music is a disgrace.

Here's the track if anyone cares to listen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Az2J7ONvWw

Does it really take this little to impress people nowadays? Musicians with little to no talent making sub-par music by any standards and people praising them for the fact that they have had the brain power necessary to figure out how to properly hold the instrument, even though ''Weezy'' fails even in that field.

What bothers me the most about this is that anyone who has ever bothered to put any effort into learning guitar knows how hard it is. There are genuinely talented people getting no recognition for their work while while people who used it solely as a publicity tool (hey look at me, I play the guitar! That means I'm a rockstar!) garner the attention, and the money of the ones who don't know any better.

I know it's cliché but what the hell is wrong with my generation?

This went on for longer than I thought, sorry about that.

That is all
Fact.
My friends think he is awesome too.
Who knows, maybe he rips Pantera riffs late at night.

EDIT: No i do no think he is good
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Cool blog bro
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
At least he's trying.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
People like different things

Yeah he's not too great with a guitar and shouldn't really be putting it on records at this stage. But, if he wants to, then fine. Let him do what he likes and get on with your own life.
I know how you feel. People are stupid.

Someone recently told me they didn't think they liked heavy metal until they heard a Dropkick Murphys song

EDIT: To all the people saying that he is wrong. I don't think he was hating on Lil Wayne as much as he was hating on all the people that think he good at guitar when there are much better musician out there.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at May 31, 2011,
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Lil Wayne > you in terms of skill, talent, popularity, and basically everything

I'm guessing Lil Wayne has more melanin too.
reading that made me cringe since i knew of the song before reading this (i looked up lil wayne guitar videos on youtube before just for the lulz). i can't believe that anyone can actually believe that he is a good guitarist. seriously, i know people who don't play ANY instruments who i've seen play around with a guitar who can play better than him, who is apparently a "rockstar". i don't care if people listen to him, but thinking he's actually a rockstar/guitarist is just rediculous.

She's so pretty in her casts
The prettiest thing I've ever seen
I only get to hold her when she's injured
I only get to kiss her where she's sore
i dunno but pause the vid @ 4:19 and you can clearly see, Lil Wayne is a N*bhead, he clearly has a penis tattooed on his forehead!
i'm Ginger its fun
Quote by HaistaPaska92
So tonight I was at a party my friends were throwing, pretty casual just about 20 or so ppl. During a discussion I happened to mention that I played guitar (this may have been to impress a cute chick, either way I admit nothing) So I say I play guitar and one of the girls says: You should listen to Leather So Soft by Lil' Wayne, that nigga can make it scream (her exact wording, and she was white btw) I didn't think about it for the rest of the evening.

So after the party, after not getting lucky I came home and decided to listen to the track the girl had mentioned. I knew Wayne was a rapper and I had even heard a couple of his songs (If you can call them that) But I had heard nothing about him being able to play so I was kinda intrigued. I look the song up on YouTube and take a listen. I make it nearly to the end and I was wondering where the ''awesome solo'' was. There were a couple of shots of Weezy, as he is called clumsily attempting to act like he is playing an actual instrument. Even though I did not expect much there was nothing that could have prepared me for what was about to ensue.

The sounds he produced were akin to a braindead toddler banging the guitar with a slegdehammer while all ****ed up on whatever hallucinogenic of your choice. He was plucking 2 notes with his thumb with little care for precision, melody or pretty much anything related to music. I would have found it funny if it wasn't so goddamn pathetic. I looked up information about the track and album and it was called rock and heavy metal influenced. I found that hard to believe. Sure, there are people who know how to play their instruments dicking around in the background but calling this rock music is a disgrace.

Here's the track if anyone cares to listen:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Az2J7ONvWw

Does it really take this little to impress people nowadays? Musicians with little to no talent making sub-par music by any standards and people praising them for the fact that they have had the brain power necessary to figure out how to properly hold the instrument, even though ''Weezy'' fails even in that field.

What bothers me the most about this is that anyone who has ever bothered to put any effort into learning guitar knows how hard it is. There are genuinely talented people getting no recognition for their work while while people who used it solely as a publicity tool (hey look at me, I play the guitar! That means I'm a rockstar!) garner the attention, and the money of the ones who don't know any better.

I know it's cliché but what the hell is wrong with my generation?

This went on for longer than I thought, sorry about that.

That is all

Wut?

Yes, Lil Wayne sucks at guitar and people think other "less talented" guitar players are good while we real guitarists should be deserving of that praise.

Welcome to the real world, don't be so butthurt.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Lil' Wayne is the second best guitarist behind Fred Durst
Ted: [Whispering to Bill] Your stepmom is cute.
Bill: Shut up, Ted.
Ted: Remember when she was a senior and we were freshmen?
Bill: Shut up, Ted!
Dont ****ing call lil wayne talentless. thats bullshit. sure, for some reason he plays guitar like its his first time picking one up (the way he holds it is hilarious) but he aint talentless. he made a shitty album cos he wanted to be a rockstar. he's ****ed up alot and doesnt always know what he is doing, so dont get angry. lil wayne is capable of amazing music when he sticks to his own field and i am not talking about that lolipop crap:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuyEgvCVYd8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPTFzAOmNZQ

lil wayne has a shitload of potential.
That was way to long for like 3 sentences of information..
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

So what, you are angry that Lil Wayne gets more popularity then you while you ALSO play guitar? So you do it for the attention then? Nice going blingchaser.
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Holy shit. I've never seen that before until 5 seconds ago and now I'm laughing my ass off. Goddamn, he must either have some major balls to record that or just one huge oversized ego. I'm leaning more towards the latter.
Wtf, TS?! You clearly don't appreciate and have no clue what he is actually doing in that solo! Although minimalistic, its a great solo and really fits in. He managed to convey the theme, rhythm perfectly into the little melody to create a mindblowing harmony and to give the whole song a final touch that leads it to a perfect resolution from the preceding tension and power.
Quote by Tragic Mulatto
Dont ****ing call lil wayne talentless. thats bullshit. sure, for some reason he plays guitar like its his first time picking one up (the way he holds it is hilarious) but he aint talentless. he made a shitty album cos he wanted to be a rockstar. he's ****ed up alot and doesnt always know what he is doing, so dont get angry. lil wayne is capable of amazing music when he sticks to his own field and i am not talking about that lolipop crap:

I do not hate this. Pretty good actually
Quote by Tragic Mulatto

get in line, you're one of a million other frustrated teens that think the fact that they play an instrument justifies the claim that rapper don't have talent.

Try not giving a ****, it'll do you good in the future, OR making a successful song which can be broadcasted to the mainstream audience successfully. If you can do either, then you might gain a little more respect around here(except from the other teens who will begin to bash your 'lack of talent' )

Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Kids these days don't even know what sounds are coming from the guitar and what songs are coming from the programmed drums and bass. I've seen videos of Lil Wayne playing live. His backing band sounds great, then they just stick a guitar in his hand, turn him WAY down and let him look cool. The music still sounds good but not because of him.
I hate my sig
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Lil Wayne > you in terms of skill, talent, popularity, and basically everything

I wouldn't say that Lil Wayne is talented or skilled.

Popular yes. But popular is not equivalent to good.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by HaistaPaska92
I do not hate this. Pretty good actually

Yeah, pure class saying ´nigga´ every 2 seconds. Insanity I tell you!
Quote by Holy Katana
Your last job only paid you $7.00 AUD an hour? That's like $6.05 in the US. What the hell is the minimum wage over there?

Quote by titsmcgee852
$0 for volunteer work

ollollolollol

^
Quote by Henkdemachtige
Yeah, pure class saying ´nigga´ every 2 seconds. Insanity I tell you!

Pretty good as far as rap is concerned. Then again I don't listen to a lot of rap
Page 1 of 4