I really like the things that both can do (which are virtually the same), but what are the main differences?

I mean, the only difference I can see at the moment (without trying them) is that the Sustainiac comes in both black and white, and the Fernandes Sustainer only comes in black.

But, does anybody have experience with both? What would be the differences in installation and/or functionality?

If you have only tried one of them, post your experiences with it. The more I know, the better I can make a decision.
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
personally i dont like the sound of the sustainiac, very weak pickup imo
havent tried the fernandes but i'm hoping it would be better
what music do you play?
DarkLordArthur i would try and answer your question but i have been staring at your avatar for the last 10 minutes, its wonderful.............
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by noobpwner24
personally i dont like the sound of the sustainiac, very weak pickup imo
havent tried the fernandes but i'm hoping it would be better
what music do you play?

You mean the sound as a pickup, right? Not as a device.

And well, I kinda play every kind of music, I don't like sticking to just one genre. I play rock, metal, punk, ska, some clean stuff, some times even reagge (or however you write it); I like lots of stuff.

Quote by supersac

tried the sustainiac didnt like it too much
i havent tried the fernandes one but if its good enough for steve vai it must be at least decent

Well, I didn't remember Steve Vai used the Fernandes; but I did remember the guy from Avenged Sevenfold uses the Sustainiac, I'm not saying he's better than Vai (that would be crazy and stupid) but I actually like his tone.

Quote by RetroGunslinger

DarkLordArthur i would try and answer your question but i have been staring at your avatar for the last 10 minutes, its wonderful.............

I know, right?
Well, thanks, but it would be very helpful to listen to your opinion

If it helps, I'm trying to get the single coil version.
"Terrible wars have been fought where millions have died for one idea, freedom. And it seems that something that means so much to so many people would be worth having." -Andrew Martin (Bicentennial Man)
yeah, the sound as a pickup is terrible for anything heavy, but if you're playing rock or punk, it should be alright for you man
I'm also trying to decide between the 2. I've checked a few other forums and the sustainiac is usually always the favourite.
I have the sustainiac and I absolutely love the pickup tone. The feel in sustain mode is great as well. I haven't tried the fernandes, but from what I've heard so far the sustainiac is better. The installation is also much more flexible and their support is great. I can absolutely recommend it.
I'm currently working on a system to generate MIDI from the motion of a guitar. More info coming soon.
Quote by DarkLordArthur
Well, I didn't remember Steve Vai used the Fernandes; but I did remember the guy from Avenged Sevenfold uses the Sustainiac, I'm not saying he's better than Vai (that would be crazy and stupid) but I actually like his tone.

Its Synyster Gates, and its kinda like a god among mortals. about his skills, ---->afterlife solo

And I say sustainac.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by supersac
tried the sustainiac didnt like it too much
i havent tried the fernandes one but if its good enough for steve vai it must be at least decent

I'm about to the point on my JEM DIY where I REALLY need to get one or the other. I have marked this baby out!! It's like a Floral pattern but an awesome aqua Bohemian paisly pattern and my secret 3/16ths glass finish, Blue Gravity Storm pick ups! Matching aqua abalone topped knarled vol & tone knobs ,original Edge Lo Pro Term!
I started this several months ago with only an Ibanez JEM neck with aqua/blue abalone inlays in the Vine of Life ! It's just all seemed to fall in place! I have had my share of headaches now!! But when run thru the EVENTIDE Boogie rig I feel I will forget any headaches except the better half!! She's still clueless ......UMMMM! LOL!!!
Quote by RockGuitarist09
I'm also trying to decide between the 2. I've checked a few other forums and the sustainiac is usually always the favourite.

EXACTLY!!! Every other site or forum says no routing with the sustainiac, & major props to sustainiac's customer service!!! A man named Alan is called a most congenial and knowledgeable customer service guys in the biz!.?.!.?