Page 1 of 4
Don't ask why.. but I was watching Dr. Phil at a friends house.. Ugh it was talented kids or something, and then the audience voted if they should be allowed to continue and follow there dreams as opposed to focusing on school or some shit..

Anyways, this kid got overwhelmingly voted that he should be famous and stuff, and even the kids i was with who didn't play guitar thought he was amazing.. Wtf why do people think anyone with a guitar is good? He is a sloppyyyyyy unoriginal hendrix wannabe.. Anyone agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtZF8YIYgzE
jesus christ op we have a thread just like this but with a different person. stop being so butt hurt and accept that most people don't know dick about guitar. it's just the way it is.
i don't know why i feel so dry
I am no longer self conscious about my playing abilities
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by Metallicuh
I am no longer self conscious about my playing abilities

this

I can play better. Not much, but better
why do you care so much TS? i mean, it's Dr Phail. who cares. now if he was on Oprah...
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
So what if the kids got the confidence to go on national tv, let him be.
Don't get butthurt cause it wasn't you on the show.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

That was pretty bad. But he's into it at least.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
It's just funny. Damn guys, I'm not bitching its just funny how this kid gets to play to milllions of people and get all kinds of recognition for it when he actually sucks.. You have too much time on your hands if you actually get annoyed when a thread you dislike pops up on an internet forum.. Hahah.

To the people who got the confidence boost, I know what you mean haha.. AT least you see the reason behind posting this..
Quote by genghisgandhi
He should have played Blood and Thunder.

You know, cause Dr. Phil say "give us 30 seconds of your best whaling."

psh, The Hunt would have been a much more seaworthy choice.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Fender/marshall
It's just funny. Damn guys, I'm not bitching its just funny how this kid gets to play to milllions of people and get all kinds of recognition for it when he actually sucks.. You have too much time on your hands if you actually get annoyed when a thread you dislike pops up on an internet forum.. Hahah.

You're bitching that he is on tv playing guitar when he is not talented...

Quote by Fender/marshall

To the people who got the confidence boost, I know what you mean haha.. AT least you see the reason behind posting this..

You posted this so we could laugh at his playing ability? I find that to be mean....I wouldn't like that to happen to me.

EDIT: I also cannot do what that person did in that video since I do not have an electric guitar and never practiced such things.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Last edited by rock.freak667 at May 31, 2011,
We have to much time on our hands because we get annoyed at wasting time?
That is solid logic.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Quote by Fender/marshall
Don't ask why.. but I was watching Dr. Phil at a friends house.. Ugh it was talented kids or something, and then the audience voted if they should be allowed to continue and follow there dreams as opposed to focusing on school or some shit..

Anyways, this kid got overwhelmingly voted that he should be famous and stuff, and even the kids i was with who didn't play guitar thought he was amazing.. Wtf why do people think anyone with a guitar is good? He is a sloppyyyyyy unoriginal hendrix wannabe.. Anyone agree?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtZF8YIYgzE

Musical ability / talent stopped being necessary for musical artists over a decade ago. As long as he can make tween girls' 'ginies tickle, he'll do alright.
I lol'ed when he couldn't hit those high notes. I give him props, though, for having the courage to wank on national TV.
He probably got the votes because he "looks" like a rockstar o some shit. He looks like Bieber would if he was a Disney rock star.
Meh, as if someone getting national attention and praise for having little skill is something new.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at May 31, 2011,
It was a bad performance, but I bet that the fact that he was playing on national television effected his nerves and playing ability. Just a little bit.
Quote by NotFromANUS
Musical ability / talent stopped being necessary for musical artists over a decade ago. As long as he can make tween girls' 'ginies tickle, he'll do alright.

Yeah, because sex appeal only just starting being a major factor in being a pop star.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
People like confidence and when people are into what they do. Isn't that what you like about your favorite guitarist(s)? Their confidence and emotion is what drew you in as well as their talent. It could be worst.
talk to me
and i better not hear a word
do me baby
i better not feel it girl
i still got one bullet left in my nine
finna do a love crime
love crime
finna do a love crime

lovecrimes -- frank ocean

Tumblr
He's better than I am.

I can play simpler, more melodic music very good but I couldn't play that any better.

Edit: I agree with JacobTheMe. I would play horribly on national television as well. ****, I screwed up horribly playing in front of 60 people.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at May 31, 2011,
Quote by Lots O' FX
Yeah, because sex appeal only just starting being a major factor in being a pop star.

He's right though, he never said this was a new thing.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by JacobTheMe
It was a bad performance, but I bet that the fact that he was playing on national television effected his nerves and playing ability. Just a little bit.

Affected.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
Quote by Tango616
He's right though, he never said this was a new thing.

Yeah but him (probably) quoting that one South Park episode and saying over a decade ago rather than over 6 or 7 decades ago makes me think that he means it is fairly new.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Quote by Lots O' FX

Prior to the mid to late 90's, even the most artificial and superficial bands had to at least have some level of musical talent. Now people don't need any, whatsoever. Give your head a shake.
Page 1 of 4