I recently bought a Seagull S6 Original and already had to take it back to the store for an adjustment because the sixth string was buzzing. The guy at the store said this is not unusual. It seems to be okay now.
-Mike
No way Jose. My acoustic did the same thing for a while. Changed the strings and it went away.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
your neck will move with the humidity that your guitar is exposed to. It can cause buzz, especially towards the first 4 or 5 frets.

You'll be alright.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
There are a lot of adjustments that have to be done when the humidity changes. Taking the guitar from the music shop to your house was probably a big enough climate change to cause a need for adjustment. If it's fine now then you have nothing to worry about.
Not taking any online orders.
is this buzz something that wasn't there when you bought the guitar? have you changed the strings?

if the answer to either or both of these is no, the change is probably the result of changes in humidity, which will cause changes in your guitar. you should invest in a hygrometer, test it and use it so you know the humidity your guitar is kept at - this will change regularly - and have a way to deal with it. too little humidity can destroy your guitar, too much can damage it and make it sound bad.

also if you change string gauge by more than 1 gauge, you may need to have your guitar adjusted or it may buzz.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Thanks for the replies. I think I am okay except I still have some concerns about the low E string. It sounds a little odd when compared to the other strings and to the low E on my Epiphone DR 100. It is hard to explain. It does not sound as mellow as the other strings. It might just be that the projection is very loud and I am not used to it.
-Mike
Changing the strings could make a difference, as for the buzz when you got it, it could've had a bad setup. Any guitar will buzz if set up badly.
Quote by Widefingers
Thanks for the replies. I think I am okay except I still have some concerns about the low E string. It sounds a little odd when compared to the other strings and to the low E on my Epiphone DR 100. It is hard to explain. It does not sound as mellow as the other strings. It might just be that the projection is very loud and I am not used to it.

It's not unheard of to get a bad set of strings that puts the balance off so it might be worth replacing them. If it's still not sounding right then you might want to look at having the saddle of the guitar adjusted and/or replaced. On an acoustic guitar a lot of the string balance is caused by the height of the string. The higher the string, at the saddle, the more pressure it puts on the top which means more volume from that string. If you can't lower the low E then you might want to get a saddle that will allow you to raise all the strings except the low E.
Not taking any online orders.