I'm looking at an acoustic, I'm looking at spending around 300ish. I know you can't get the best item at that price, but what I'm looking at isn't hardcore acoustic and using it for fun and playing.

Here is what I'm going for:

Ibanez TCY10
ESP Xtone Ac 10-E
Fender Telecouster
Ovation AE148

This is all I've liked so far other then the horrible dean "metal" acoustics. Any advice on these? Also what are good amp brands or recommendations, any price?
No on all of them, with valid reasons for each by the Ovation (that's a personal taste issue). Strat/telecoustics tend to be complete and utter rubbish, designed to attract know-nothing electric players. Ibanez and ESP also market to the same crowd and while their electrics are quite well-made, their acoustics are not worth even picking up. Ovations are kind of hit and miss, but generally good guitars.

For your price range, I'd highly recommend Yamaha guitars, particularly the FG series. Solid-top (which equates to better sound), good action, ultra-reliable.

As far as amps go, I would avoid them at your level. Acoustic amps are a lot like electric amps, in that in order to get a really pretty respectable one, you generally have to spend around 300-500 USD. And where's the point in spending as much (or more) on an amp than your guitar. That being said, Fishman is phenomenal but very pricy.
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
i'm with jwd724 here - i wouldn't buy any of those.

yamaha makes very good sounding guitars in this price range with their fg700s, fg720s and 730s models. the only yamahas i don't like in this price range are the apx series, which don't sound too good unplugged. i hear good things about recording king in this price range -
http://elderly.com/brand/20N_recording%20king.html
and for $350 you can get an all solid model.

if you really want an acoustic electric, try a fender tim armstrong hellcat, which has a solid top, thin body and surprisingly good tone
http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/fender-tim-armstrong-hellcat-acoustic-electric-guitar/580406

or one of these all lam yamahas
http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/yamaha-fx370c-f-series-cutaway-acoustic-electric
which sound quite good for lam.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Out of the ones you listed, the Ovation, though even that one is "super shallow bowl". In other words, don't expect any serious volume out of them when you play them acoustically. They meant to be played plugged in, but you probably knew that already.
i've played that ovation, and i don't mind quiet - in fact i like quiet guitars but i do like decent tone, and unplugged it was pretty unimpressive. the combination of the laminate top and shallow body gave it a cardboardy tone. the tim armstrong and the yamaha fx models have much better unplugged sound.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
I'm just looking at an entry levelish acoustic. I don't play a ton of acoustic, but I do play some stuff a few times a week. Honestly I play a lot of Bathory (the opening of A Fine Day to Die is fun). I play a lot of metal and I frequently play an acoustic on a whim, just for fun, or if I want a different feel then the electric.

The amp is for my wife who is getting a Martin. I'm most likely also getting another electric as well, and would like an electric of a higher quality. The acoustic is a basic for me and doesn't need to be the best thing ever.
I agree that unless you played those 4 guitars and liked them, I wouldn't have any of them on my short list. I'd be thinking Seagull, Takamine, Washburn at that price level. Maybe Yamaha too but honestly I'm not all that familiar with them.
I've got a yamaha apx500, its really nice and does everything I could want, although I dont play much acoustic its a really nice guitar
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
the guitars i mentioned are also entry level acoustics - they're just better quality entry level acoustics. the last two in my first post - the hellcat and the yamaha - don't cost any more than the ones you listed and are acoustic electric. better quality doesn't always have to cost more.

Quote by kharn_tb
I'm just looking at an entry levelish acoustic. I don't play a ton of acoustic, but I do play some stuff a few times a week. Honestly I play a lot of Bathory (the opening of A Fine Day to Die is fun). I play a lot of metal and I frequently play an acoustic on a whim, just for fun, or if I want a different feel then the electric.

The amp is for my wife who is getting a Martin. I'm most likely also getting another electric as well, and would like an electric of a higher quality. The acoustic is a basic for me and doesn't need to be the best thing ever.
Quote by Skeet UK
I'd personally go for the Ovation.. I have an Ovation Applause AE-128 and i feel the roundback allows the guitar to sit better against you when your playing!! Although i do play a lot of CandyRat stuff so i kinda need the guitar to be steady. Got mine 2 years ago in new york for $220 and am still really pleased with it...