There's probably been a thread like this, but I'm too lazy to search through everything.
You know who this thread goes. GO

First up MF Doom, I just downloaded Madvillainy, good start or somewhere else?
Quote by Amy_Lee

That made me laugh and then choke on my own phlegm.

Check my shit out
There is a thread exactly like this, too lazy to go find it.

v I don't know about that. There are some bands I couldn't get into at first because I heard songs that didn't really appeal to me at the time, and were abit too much for me. Unfortunately this made it take a lot longer to finally get into some amazing bands.
Last edited by IommiPage at May 31, 2011,
Just start by listening to some random songs. This goes for any band/artist. There really is no "starting point."
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by angusfan16
Porcupine tree. Where the hell do I start?

In Absentia and Deadwing
Then go to The Sky Moves Sideways and Signify
Then the rest.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Quote by IommiPage
There is a thread exactly like this, too lazy to go find it.

v I don't know about that. There are some bands I couldn't get into at first because I heard songs that didn't really appeal to me at the time, and were abit too much for me. Unfortunately this made it take a lot longer to finally get into some amazing bands.

Well how should other people direct you to what songs to listen to if each individual's likes and dislikes are different? I also wouldn't call listening to one or two songs trying to get into a band. You have to dig around a bit before you can finally say you dislike them. I've listened to quite a few artists where I hated the first few songs I listened to but liked most of their other stuff. I've had it where I've listened to a few songs by an artist and loved them but later realized the rest of their music blows in my opinion.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Quote by RDSElite
In Absentia and Deadwing
Then go to The Sky Moves Sideways and Signify
Then the rest.

Sweet. Thanks.
Sail upon the open skies
Operation Doomsday is a good starting point, his first full solo LP and it's beast, but Madvillian is great as well.
I wanna get into Rebecca Black, where do I go past Friday?

Quote by metalhead805
There's probably been a thread like this, but I'm too lazy to search through everything.
You know who this thread goes. GO

First up MF Doom, I just downloaded Madvillainy, good start or somewhere else?

Madvillainy is sick all the way through. Other doom albums can be a bit inconsistent. Just download individual songs.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by RockGuitar92
Well how should other people direct you to what songs to listen to if each individual's likes and dislikes are different? I also wouldn't call listening to one or two songs trying to get into a band. You have to dig around a bit before you can finally say you dislike them. I've listened to quite a few artists where I hated the first few songs I listened to but liked most of their other stuff. I've had it where I've listened to a few songs by an artist and loved them but later realized the rest of their music blows in my opinion.

But if someone asks you where to start with a band that you are a big fan of and consider yourself a connoisseur of sorts, you'll be able to give them a wide variety of that particular artist's work.