So my dilemma is I have the money to buy a used Peavey ValveKing 100watt head and get a used marshall cab or something else . Or i could save a little more money and buy a blackstar ht 5 mini stack.

I really like the sound of the blackstar but the price on the peavey valveking is pretty good

just need some insite. I mainly play metal
some people love valvekings for metal. I would personally suggest saving up more and getting something a bit better then a valveking, but if you like how it sounds go for it, it will last you quite a while, and my friend actually runs a valveking with a marshall cab and he loves it
Quote by Djof06
So my dilemma is I have the money to buy a used Peavey ValveKing 100watt head and get a used marshall cab or something else . Or i could save a little more money and buy a blackstar ht 5 mini stack.

I really like the sound of the blackstar but the price on the peavey valveking is pretty good

just need some insite. I mainly play metal

i don't really know how these comare. 5 watt 1x12" or 100 watt with 4x12".

you should know what suits you better volume wise and size wise.

for most (read as: vast majority of but not all) gigging situations the blackstar is out of the question.

if you live in an area where you can't turn it up a whole lot (appartments, etc) then the VK wouldn't be the best choice, unless you were gigging and needed it for the above point. and it does not need to be at wall blasting levels to sound good contrary to what people say, but it will sound better.

so its really up to you.

i owned a VK and played metal on it and it sounded pretty good, worked for gigs, etc. but to really get metal out of it you would want a tubescreamer type pedal to boost it and probably would want an EQ to run in the loop.

personally to me i think the blackstar ht-5's don't sound good at all, but valve kings aren't the answer for me either, i use my splawns for metal.

all i am trying to say is that this really isn't much of a debate as it is on a 'what is needed' basis.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
ok well as far as my size it doesnt really matter in the middle of getting a house. But Ive heard good things bout the VK and i was planning on getting a Tube Screamer or some other overdrive for boost if i do decide on the VK. I was also thinking about a Bugera 333 but it would take a little longer to save up for the bugera. Im really just trying to get an affordable Tube amp that works for playing Metal