Page 1 of 2
i looked through a few pages and searchbarred and didn't see this, so hopefully there isnt a thread already.

Obama announced that June is now LGBT pride month.

what does the pit think?

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2011 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. I call upon the people of the United States to eliminate prejudice everywhere it exists, and to celebrate the great diversity of the American people. IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirty-first day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand eleven, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-fifth. BARACK OBAMA

whole thing here:link
you brought a hooker to church?
But he still doesn't support same sex marriage? Empty gesture.
Check out my band Disturbed
inb4BAWWWWHYDONTSTRAIGHTPEOPLEGETAMONTH

also inb4BECAUSETHEYGETTHERESTOFTHEYEARBAWWWWW
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Don't care in the slightest.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by StewieSwan
But he still doesn't support same sex marriage? Empty gesture.

he doesn't?

I mean, I haven't heard of him trying to pass a bill legalizing it, but I figured he wanted to do the whole, "let the supreme court/congress legalize it" thing again.
I think "pride months" are stupid. You're either proud or you're not.

Also, I don't get why Transgender gets grouped in with homosexuality.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.

My birthday's in June!
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Quote by ghostnineone
he doesn't?

I mean, I haven't heard of him trying to pass a bill legalizing it, but I figured he wanted to do the whole, "let the supreme court/congress legalize it" thing again.

I remember back in the debates he said he does not support same-sex marriage and I haven't read anything since then that says he changed his view.
That's pretty cool, I guess. It really won't do much more than give more cause to gay pride parades and piss off God-fearing conservatives, but whatevs.
Quote by Grimriffer

My birthday's in June!

mine too
What about a Heterosexual pride month?

I feel that i am being discriminated against, the homosexuals get month dedicated to them and us straight people get nothing!

Black history month? No white history month?

I am deeply offended.
Quote by Grimriffer
(Invalid img)
My birthday's in June!
You should feel honored.
Quote by StewieSwan
I remember back in the debates he said he does not support same-sex marriage and I haven't read anything since then that says he changed his view.

i believe that he has said that his position on marriage equality is evolving.

overall a good gesture.
Quote by ShredWithEd
What about a Heterosexual pride month?

I feel that i am being discriminated against, the homosexuals get month dedicated to them and us straight people get nothing!

Black history month? No white history month?

I am deeply offended.

Quote by StewieSwan

How was he supposed to get elected without throwing the Republicans a bone?
Well thank God. I always wanted a month allocated to pride in what I, through no design, like to stick my dick into, to validate it.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by uhh_me?
i believe that he has said that his position on marriage equality is evolving.

overall a good gesture.

Probably because we managed to kill Osama soon after he repealed don't ask, don't tell.
Quote by RU Experienced?
How was he supposed to get elected without throwing the Republicans a bone?

Maybe he could have thrown them a bone that was a less blatant human rights violation.
Quote by StewieSwan
Maybe he could have thrown them a bone that was a less blatant human rights violation.
You realize these are Republicans we're talking about, right?
Quote by StewieSwan

yeah thats just bad taste, he should have told them he was going to let the CIA keep using enhanced interrogation techniques or something.
Quote by TheBurningFish
Well thank God. I always wanted a month allocated to pride in what I, through no design, like to stick my dick into, to validate it.

Transgender doesn't have anything to do with what you stick your dick into. Then again, it has very little to do with homosexuality so I don't get why it even gets lumped in with LGB.
Quote by ghostnineone
yeah thats just bad taste, he should have told them he was going to let the CIA keep using enhanced interrogation techniques or something.

Oh don't worry, he did that too.
Quote by due 07
You realize these are Republicans we're talking about, right?

+1

That ain't how the Republican party rolls, bless their hearts.
Quote by StewieSwan
Oh don't worry, he did that too.

Apparently the CIA doesn't do that anymore.

...I almost believe them
Quote by TheBurningFish

What I want to know is when vaccumsexuals will be validated. I love sticking my dicks into vaccuum hoses.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Quote by rgrockr
Transgender doesn't have anything to do with what you stick your dick into. Then again, it has very little to do with homosexuality so I don't get why it even gets lumped in with LGB.

They face a lot of similar issues. Generally anything that isn't straight is put under the same umbrella, since in total the LGBTQQ community is a small enough amount of the entire community as is (uniting as such also makes it easier to tackle things and stuff).

I understand what you're saying but it wouldn't help anyone to split them up (if you trawl through LGBT bits of blogging sites you'll find that about 50% of it is nitpicking over what terms to us for what anyway, which I think is a bit of a waste of time).

Last edited by TheBurningFish at May 31, 2011,
Where the hell is straight, heterosexual pride month????
Danelectro 1959 reissue

Quote by G.Krizzel
Music is just wiggly air. Accept it or leave it.

Also please visit this thread and help me tab out an album!!!
thread.
Quote by TheBurningFish
They face a lot of similar issues. Generally anything that isn't straight is put under the same umbrella, since in total the LGBTQQ community is a small enough amount of the community as is (uniting as such also makes it easier to tackle things and stuff).

I understand what you're saying but it wouldn't help anyone to split them up (if you trawl through LGBT bits of blogging sites you'll find that about 50% of it is nitpicking over what terms to us for what).

less QQ moar Pew-Pew?
Quote by 801Current
Every month is straight month, unfortunately.
Quote by 801Current

Every time you discuss how hot some girl is or how you would like to bang her is a mini hetero pride rally.
Quote by due 07
Every month is straight month, unfortunately.

what about months with a leap day?
Quote by ghostnineone
less QQ moar Pew-Pew?

Pew papew pew pew!
Quote by 801Current

Every single month before 1960, being generous.

When a disproportionate amount of straight kids are on the streets because they're scared for their lives because their parents are too thick headed to accept the fact that they like the opposite gender, then you get a pride month.

When straight couples get beaten up in the street for holding hands in public, you get a pride month.

When an abominable proportion of the population takes most of their morals from a tome written thousands of years ago stating that straight people are an abomination, you get a pride month.

Page 1 of 2