I'm having a problem with my Jackson DK2, Whenever I pull up on the bar, I hear a clicking noise that sounds like it is coming from the neck joint, enough of a pop to kill any sustain or notes ringing out. However, I still remain in tune and there are no signs of the neck being cracked or the neck shifting in the joint. Nothing happens when I dive down, only pull up above standard pitch.

Has anyone had this problem? Could it be a truss rod issue, or and issue with the locking nut? Or maybe the wood of the neck is not cured properly and the wood is popping due to stress?
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Make sure the nut isn't tightened down too much. I had the same problem when I first got my DKMG. And it turned out it was because I cranked the nut down a lot more than what it needed. You only need them a little more than finger tight. I finger tighten them, then take the allen key, and press it only with my thumb till it gets to the point where I have to press pretty hard to turn it. Then stop.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Found out what the problem was.

I took-down the guitar and examined everything. The noise I was hearing was the neck moving in the neck pocket when I move the trem (therefor releasing tension on the neck). I'm going to have it looked at by my tech sometime soon. I'm thinking we might have to shim the neck to get it a little bit tighter in the neck pocket. I also discovered the knife edges on my trem are worn out, so it looks like I need a new trem now too. I'll just get a new OFR and nut from Carvin and replace both of them.

Throw in some new pickups too.... My quick fix just turned into a $400 project. YAY!
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
One thing you can try before taking it to a guitar tech.

With the guitar in tune, loosen up the bolts on the neck a quarter turn. Should hear a noise. Then tighten it back up. The tension on the whole system will lock the neck in tighter when you loosen up the bolts. See if it helps.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
@wulver Thanks, I'll try that.

@pac_man its not worth it. That trem is old, and not that good quality to begin with. I'll probably just block it until I can raise the funds to get a new trem.
Quote by strat0blaster

Quote by Cathbard