Page 1 of 2
June edition.

Registration closed.

GOAL: You have exactly 10 DAYS until June 10th to learn a song, any song of your choice, and record it and upload it (to Youtube or any related site). This should prove some fun and a good time waster and all along your becoming a better guitar player. After all entries have been made we will judge on cleanliness, accuracy, techniques (ex. good harmonics or vibrato) and overall impression.

NOTICE: Do NOT upload your cover to a site where people have to register to view it. Ie: Facebook, etc.

Clock showing what time it is in UK: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=136

Thanks to StewieSwan for this:
To export a GP5 drum track as an Mp3 if I just download the song from UG...

Make sure only the drum track is on (mute the others or press the S button on the drum track in GP) and then go File - Export - MIDI. Once the drum MIDI is exported, find it wherever you put it and open it with itunes. Then right click the track and select "create mp3".If it doesn't say mp3, if it's another kind of format then go Edit - Preferences - General - Import Settings - Import Using Mp3 Encoder and then right click the song and convert to mp3. This is all assuming you have the latest itunes.

Please post the title of the song and band you are choosing and the tier you think it fits in.

NOTICE: I will ignore entries given without a suggested tier.

The Tiers are Easy, Intermediate, and Advanced.

SONGS TO COMPARE DIFFICULTY AGAINST:

Easy: Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana
Intermediate: Redneck by Lamb of God
Advanced: Stream of Consciousness by Dream Theater

RULES:
1. Please do not pick a song you already know.
2. There will be a 3 day registration period. Entries submitted late will not be counted, unless they are only an hour or so overdue.
3. The winner receives a larger E-Penis (Courtesy of getting picked No.1)
4. Refer to Goal Post.
5. Refer to Rule No.1!!!

Improv category:
This category, Improvisation, will require you to create a backing track of roughly two minutes in length, and improvising over it in any way you want. The backing track does not have to be recorded (ie. it can be MIDI) but it does have to have been written by you. There are no separate difficulties for this category, but anyone may enter.

You may enter for as many categories as you wish, but you may not enter more than once in the same category. Remember, you must pick songs you do not already know, and you must learn them and record them by June the 10th.

I will post the voting threads on June 11th.

Happy Playing. Anyone may enter. Except people with a new guitar.

That was a joke.

Entries:

Easy:
Pat_s1t: Accidents by Alexisonfire

Intermediate:
Shinami: Finally Free by Dream Theater
Necronomicon: Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix
CG Man16: Close to a World Below by Immolation
Oneblackened: Cry Of The Black Birds by Amon Amarth
RPGoof: Black Roija by Kalmah

Advanced:
Random3: Superheroes by Racer X http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd1yy2UCiK8
ShredWithEd: Stabwound by Necrophagist
Niejel: Jaws of Life by John Petrucci
Geldin: Blindfolds Aside by Protest the Hero
Pat_s1t: For We Are Many by All That Remains
ChucklesMginty: Kissing the Shadows by Children of Bodom

Improvisation:
Random3
ACloudConnected
Last edited by Random3 at Jun 8, 2011,
I'll give easy a go. I'll post later with a song once I decide what it is.
I pride myself on my humility.
I'll enter with John Mayer's Slow Dancing in a Burning Room or Hendrix's Little Wing. I've been dying to do something soulful on my strat. I'm gonna be away from June 4th-11th on vacation though so you're either going to get my submission early or 1 day late.
Quote by niejel
Wishful Thinking - John Petrucci.

EDIT: Or maybe Jaws of Life. Still deciding.

^ Or Tunnel Vision?
Now that my webcam has started working again, I'll give easy a shot. I'll think of a song later.
STಠ_ಠ
Quote by Necronomicon
I'll enter with John Mayer's Slow Dancing in a Burning Room or Hendrix's Little Wing. I've been dying to do something soulful on my strat. I'm gonna be away from June 4th-11th on vacation though so you're either going to get my submission early or 1 day late.

There is no 'early', you can submit any time after you register.

And which tier?
Quote by Random3
There is no 'early', you can submit any time after you register.

And which tier?

I think it'll be Little Wing and I'd call that intermediate
Put me down for Immolation - Close to a world below (what would this be?)

I'll do it this time, promise
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Wow, I didn't even see this get posted. Put me down for Cry Of The Black Birds - Amon Amarth (intermediate)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
What the chuff? I'd have signed up for this if I'd seen it. I swear this is the first time I've seen this. Registration's closed too. I was going to sign up for The Small Print - Muse (Easy).

I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I think if these threads were posted with more time in between the competitions and more time to sign up they would be a bit more popular, as I never saw the thread either until it was too late.
Yeah this one was a bit hidden. I knew it was about time for this to pop up so I searched it up and found it.
Quote by RPGoof
I think if these threads were posted with more time in between the competitions and more time to sign up they would be a bit more popular, as I never saw the thread either until it was too late.
I think 10 days to register and until the 20th or so to submit would be best. Considering studies that show it takes about three weeks to learn a new technique or make/break habits, I think that three weeks or close to would should be for registration and learning, and the last week for voting. Even though I almost never submit because I start learning what I signed up for, then hear something I like better and I just go "Nahhh" and learn the second song.

Anyway, if TS decides to quit after this month, I'll carry it on
While I'm here, I'll be doing ...For Victory by Bolt thrower instead. Still intermediate
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Is today the last day to submit? Cause I was at my cousin's wedding yesterday and today I've got a moderate hangover, not in any shape to record
Aww shiet. This sounds fun. I would've entered, except it's too late now.

Next time...next time.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Page 1 of 2