Page 1 of 4
So Naomi Campbell is making a big deal about an ad Cadbury ran in the UK. She claims it's racist.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/naomi_goes_loco_on_cocoa_3daeXXdMK46ZP35d5HuMZO

Do you think it's racist?

I think it's another example of oversensitivity in society. In no way, by any accepted definition of racism, is this ad racist. It in no way demeans anyone based on race. I think she's basically being a stupid bitch by making a big deal about it.
There was a thread on this yesterday if memory serves but no, it is not racist.
She is just a pain in the arse.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Yes, it's a disgusting bigoted racist ad! These people should burn in hell for their terrible racist! What pigs.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came

That's a bit dodgy, aye. Maybe not racist but not exactly delicate either.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Isn't she kind of proving that she's a diva by making a big deal about nothing? She should have just taken the ad's advice and moved over, because it does appear that there is a new diva in town.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
I think it's an example of oversensitivity in one egotistical woman. Unless black people everywhere are suddenly complaining (they aren't AFAIK) I don't see why society should be dragged into this.
I used to think black people were chocolate when I was a child.

So maybe it's just immature?
I can kinda see where she's coming from, but I think it's an overreaction.

In the other thread about this I said something about describing people being racist and suing someone because they complimented my blue eyes.
Quote by TheBurningFish

That's a bit dodgy, aye. Maybe not racist but not exactly delicate either.

How's it even dodgy? Naomi Campbell is a diva, can we not mention black people now with chocolate? It mentions nothing of race, absolutely nothing. If an ad for a chocolate titled Juicer says, "Move over Barry Bonds, there's a new juicer in town", is that racist? I don't understand that logic at all.
I don't see what's so racist about it. She's just mad 'cause there's a new diva in town.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
Quote by -Annihilation-
I don't see what's so racist about it. She's just mad 'cause there's a new diva in town.

OH NO YOU DI'INT!

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
No.

diva - a distinguished female singer; prima donna.

not only is it not racist, but it doesn't make sense XD
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Quote by tayroar
How's it even dodgy? Naomi Campbell is a diva, can we not mention black people now with chocolate? It mentions nothing of race, absolutely nothing. If an ad for a chocolate titled Juicer says, "Move over Barry Bonds, there's a new juicer in town", is that racist? I don't understand that logic at all.
It's dodgy because if i was trying to make a chocolate advert with a racial agenda that's exactly how i would do it.

I'm not saying the person who made it is racist nor that every black person is going to be offended by it, it's just a little bit off, and you can see why someone would be annoyed by basically being told she can be replaced by chocolate when she happens to be a similar colour to it.

You also seem to be implying that if this was made by some horrible racist then there would be some logic behind it, because racists are usually such down to earth, sensible people.

I see nothing racist about this ad. She's just getting upset over nothing.
Fanfiction profile: Kutlessrocker's Fanfiction profile. Click Me!

Quote by BrokenBricks
haha yah, kinda. cows are such hilarious creatures, they would be so worthless in nature. the totality of their existence is to taste good with A1 poured on them.
At least it's not the Cadbury Bunny.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Quote by TheBurningFish
It's dodgy because if i was trying to make a chocolate advert with a racial agenda that's exactly how i would do it.

I'm not saying the person who made it is racist nor that every black person is going to be offended by it, it's just a little bit off, and you can see why someone would be annoyed by basically being told she can be replaced by chocolate when she happens to be a similar colour to it.

You also seem to be implying that if this was made by some horrible racist then there would be some logic behind it, because racists are usually such down to earth, sensible people.

But color isn't mentioned or even implied, just inferred by her. She's being oversensitive.
Quote by tayroar
But color isn't mentioned or even implied, just inferred by her. She's being oversensitive.

Of course it isn't (because it's not actually racist like i said), I'm just talking about where she's coming from. It's not like there's a shortage of white models they could have mentioned in the advert and they should have expected someone to get pissed off. No one's really in the right here.

Quote by TheBurningFish
Of course it isn't (because it's not actually racist like i said), I'm just talking about where she's coming from. It's not like there's a shortage of white models they could have mentioned in the advert and they should have expected someone to get pissed off. No one's really in the right here.

But she's the obvious choice, just like Barry Bonds would be as the Juicer, she hit her sister in the head with her cell phone, and freaks out about small things like this, she's a very obvious diva, I can't even name another model besides Naomi Campbell.
It's just some dumb black bitch thinking everything is racist because she's black.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Quote by tayroar
But she's the obvious choice, just like Barry Bonds would be as the Juicer, she hit her sister in the head with her cell phone, and freaks out about small things like this, she's a very obvious diva, I can't even name another model besides Naomi Campbell.

There's that Kate Moss bird, but I think they already used her in an advert for sherbet.

Quote by blackflag49
I think it's an example of oversensitivity in one egotistical woman. Unless black people everywhere are suddenly complaining (they aren't AFAIK) I don't see why society should be dragged into this.

She's being supported by a black person PAC IIRC.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I used to think black people were chocolate when I was a child.
I thought I was the only one.

EDIT: I don't see how that is racist, unless we are still not allowed to tell black people to move over.
They never got over that back of the bus thing.
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Jun 1, 2011,
anyone else wander over to the Kim Kardashian pictures?? no???

<.<
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Naomi Watts > Naomi Campbell.

Wat nao?

Either way its I moan backwards
Cadbury could use the word "niggerfaggot" in an ad and I would still buy Cadbury Creme Eggs, they're so good. Goddamn.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by moulpatr
anyone else wander over to the Kim Kardashian pictures?? no???

<.<

Yes...
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Acknowledging someone's skin color is racist. Duh.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
Cadbury could use the word "niggerfaggot" in an ad and I would still buy Cadbury Creme Eggs, they're so good. Goddamn.

I heard what you said!
Check out my band Disturbed
Last edited by StewieSwan at Jun 1, 2011,
Quote by trueamerican
It in no way demeans anyone based on race.

Not what racism means, brah, but -

Quote by trueamerican

In no way, by any accepted definition of racism, is this ad racist. I think she's basically being a stupid bitch by making a big deal about it.

This is true.
Quote by Momentosis
At least it's not the Cadbury Bunny.

And they didn't put him in the jungle.
This was a very smart marketing strategy. Now the product will get infinitely more exposure because idiots like us will be debating about whether or not it's racist.
The add claims shes a diva, and shes acting like a bitchy diva

kinda funny
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Of course it isn't racist, she just wanted the attention. And it worked, this is the first time I've ever heard of her (disregarding the other thread on this).
Quote by captaincrunk
Really? She's pretty famous.

I don't exactly pay attention to models. And now that I think about it, she's also the only model I've heard of. Unless playboy models count, in which case, I know of her and Sara Underwood (thanks to G4).
How unwise Cadbury...

I just recently read an article how most people find black women less attractive then women of other races.
THE SOLE PURPOSE OF THIS SIG IS TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION TO THIS POST OF UTTER GENIUS
Page 1 of 4