Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Yeah I remember him talking about his upcoming guitar from gibson with a firebird neck and les paul body on some guitar center session... :P
it might not even be a gibson at all.

the gibson firebird has the gibson logo on the truss rod cover rather than engraved in the headstock. it's easy to just take off the truss rod cover and put it on another guitar that it fits on.

i suspect that it's a custom built guitar that he's put a firebird truss rod cover on - and gibson don't mind because it's free advertising.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Not to be a douche, but changing the neck and taking away half the electronics isn't great innovation...

I mean, it looks cool and probably sounds good (though I wouldn't be able to use only one pickup), but it's not exactly new thinking, just different thinking.

I think with the Firebird neck the body could stand to be a little bit smaller, maybe something a bit closer to the Nighthawk or the Blueshawk.
Looks ugly as ****.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Are the body and neck not even the same color?
One of the third friendliest users
Stratkat's pet

Quote by Momentosis
Void is a wanker that's why

Last edited by FireFromTheVoid at Jun 1, 2011,
Quote by MatrixClaw
Looks ugly as ****.

I'm going to have to side with MatrixClaw on this one. Not my style of guitar.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Bridge pickup is too close to the bridge and isn't aesthetically pleasing... I'll pass
For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
A few things:

- wrap bridge
- ugly headstock
- half the pups
- half the knobs
- Bonamassa

Do not want.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Looks ugly as ****.

Yeup.

It's like someone took a Junior with a shit finish, put in a humbucker rather than a P90 and gave it a headstock it had no business having.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by AcousticMirror
Bluesface

+1
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I wonder if it's a neck through and 25.5 scale as well. I am not the fan of the firebird headstock, but single pickup LP is sweeeet.
Quote by Rice_Pilot
I wonder if it's a neck through.

that's what i was thinking.

do not want, at all.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by AcousticMirror
Bluesface

+2
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
even when they have a semi-combover?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by gregs1020

fixed.

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I believe Rick Neilsen of Cheap Trick had a similar guitar made in the Gibson Custom Shop back in the early 1980s.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
ahahahaha excellent greg
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it was begging me to do it.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Might be cool? At least it's different, and not in the way that a Reverse V is different.

I'm not sure I'd like Gibson to put this model into full swing, might be cool as a one-off Custom Shop thing or a limited run.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
it might play good, but it looks like sh1t
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by gregs1020
it was begging me to do it.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Looks like one of those mongrel dogs where the head doesn't match the body. Like a German Shepherd with a Bull Terrier's head. Or maybe the Gibson guys were watching Mars Attacks and thought a dog's head looked really cool on a human body.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
they better make it with a tune o matic stoptail config, p90 in the neck and a regular firebird hot mini-bucker in the bridge.
other than that i'd like 2 volume and 1 tone, love the finish and looks in this instance.

with what i mentioned above that would be my next purchase for sure!

bonamassa plays blues doesn't he? in that picture i'd say he's not worthy of being called a blues player, don't they always have a neck pickup, smooth blues solos hint!

some video footage i just found! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSxT8L4N4ss
Last edited by wolvenrick at Jun 2, 2011,
^ probably needs something that buttons up. can't get a t-shirt on over that bluesface gurn.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i actually quite like it :shrugs:

pretty sure its just a one off they've done for Bonamassa tho not gonna be available unless you get one made for ya
Tom Anderson Guitarworks

Mayones Guitars

Suhr Guitars

Mesa Boogie

Friedman Amplification

Fractal Audio Systems

Quote by Bladed-Vaults
*Bane voice* ahhh yes. The br00tz, I was born with it. Molded by it. I didnt know of the light until I was already a man.