Show your true self
The demon inside
The truth will escape
You can't hide

How can you see in the dark of the night
Under a blackened sky devoid of light
Fire and lightning descend from above
Burning the shadows of fallacy
you have a lot of good lines in here, in particular i thought the verses were very strong. however, the chorus is a little weak to me. aside from the fact that it's physically impossible to literally burn a shadowm the rest of the chorus is very noncommunicative.

to be clear, the individual lines of the chorus, by themselves, are in fact fine. im not criticizing a physical impossibility, because its a very cool line. but at least, to me, the chorus as a whole didn't really say anything or convey anything. the whole "point" seemed to lie in the verses, and the chorus seemed like somewhat unrelated nonsense. in that respect, i think the chourus could definitely use work
I see your point. But it's meant as a metaphor. I wrote it while I was taking philosphy and learning about Aristotle's (at least I think it was Aristotle) story of the cave. And how the ignorant people only saw shadows of real objects but believed them to be real. So darkness and shadows represent like evil and ignorance and fire and lightning are an illuminating force to expell the darkness and shadows revealing the true form of what was casting the shadows.

Thanks for replying.