Hi again,

I just saw a 1984 Fender Strat being advertised in my local TESCO. Yes, TESCO. He hasn't provided any information apart from the date and the make, but he's left his phone number. Can anybody recommend some questions to ask him? If it is a him that is...

Anyway, the only thing I'm worried about is that it's going for £100, does it sound too good to be true?

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Model / Factory Made In
Age, Condition, Is it stock?
Colour, case?

Basically a general overview, condition is mainly looking at chips and fret wear. For £100 though I would imagine its a squier, possibly something better but with very worn frets,
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
I would walk quietly down to the store, say nothing, and if its got "Fender Stratocaster" on the headstock, pick it up, go pay the hundred.

For bonus points.... complain about the hundred and offer 80.
Quote by AlanHB
It's the same as all other harmony. Surround yourself with skulls and candles if it helps.
Quote by CharlieSlyster
Hi again,

I just saw a 1984 Fender Strat being advertised in my local TESCO. Yes, TESCO. He hasn't provided any information apart from the date and the make, but he's left his phone number. Can anybody recommend some questions to ask him? If it is a him that is...

Anyway, the only thing I'm worried about is that it's going for £100, does it sound too good to be true?

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

That's funny. I saw an ad for an '84 strat in my local tescos. Do you live in Buckingham by any chance?

Anyway, ask about:

- Price when it was new
- Condition
- Any mods or small bits of damage you should know about
- Does it come with a case?
- What the hardware etc is made of...

You should really go to his house and check out the guitar before you buy. Take a gun with you, in case he's a serial killer waiting for his next victim.

Be careful, it could be a Squier strat.

And if it isn't a squier, it may either be:
- Made in Japan
- A fake
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!