Basically, i´m looking for a good, classic film noir. You know, dark, violent, dramatic, smooth sax on the background, dark humoured monologues from the main character, that kind of stuff. Basically the kind of movie that could have influenced Sin City or Max Payne (i know Sin City is based on a comic, but still).

So, do you guys know any movie like this? I have searched but haven´t found one that really matches what i´m looking for.
Never watched the 2 films you mentioned, but you might like Kill Bill.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
V For Vendetta?
Pulp Fiction?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
The Third Man
The Maltese Falcon
The Big Sleep

All amazing noir classics. I majored in Film Studies and did an extensive amount of time with noir, so this is a good topic for me
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by shwilly
You mean with this kinda dialogue??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X2hqdOMxyM#t=0m21s

yeah kinda like that

Quote by offspring_punk
The Third Man
The Maltese Falcon
The Big Sleep

All amazing noir classics. I majored in Film Studies and did an extensive amount of time with noir, so this is a good topic for me

thanks, i´ll look into them

btw, i´ve seen Pulp Fiction and Kill Bill. Both awesome movies, but not really what i´m looking for
Quote by Antonio23
Basically, i´m looking for a good, classic film noir. You know, dark, violent, dramatic, smooth sax on the background, dark humoured monologues from the main character, that kind of stuff. Basically the kind of movie that could have influenced Sin City or Max Payne (i know Sin City is based on a comic, but still).

So, do you guys know any movie like this? I have searched but haven´t found one that really matches what i´m looking for.

Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep, Sunset Boulevard, The Third Man, or if you want a modern take on it, Brick. Out of those, my favorite is Sunset Boulevard, an absolutely brilliant piece of filmmaking.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by FrustratedRocka
Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep, Sunset Boulevard, The Third Man, or if you want a modern take on it, Brick. Out of those, my favorite is Sunset Boulevard, an absolutely brilliant piece of filmmaking.

I'm ready for my close up Mr. DeMille...
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
My film studies course was based on film noir we watched The Maltese Falcon and Brick, which is a modern film noir. And then we watched Sin City!
Go play L.A. Noire?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Chinatown is a good noir-type film (though nothing like Sin City).

EDIT: ^ I see it has (just) been mentioned
Chinatown is actually brilliant and I think one of the best things Jack Nicholson has done. Completely forgot about that movie.
Quote by Snuffles

Quote by drop-dead666
From Dusk Til Dawn. Don't read anything about it, or even read the back of the box. It'll spoil the best damn twist ever.
I'm selling an ernie ball wah pedal. Buy my ernie ball wah pedal.
Wah pedal.

Quote by 23dannybhoy23
That's got to be my all time favourite online death threat

Quote by smokeysteve22

My chest hurts after that.