http://www.facebook.com/v/1745684213047

^ there's a link i'm hoping works. it's more to give you an idea of the melody than anything else considering i recorded it on an ultra shitty camera mic before practicing at all; sorry for the poor quality/shoddy skills. don't mind that random brown girl singing. yarrrr let's get some lyrics up in hurr.

----------

the winds blew over with hopeful whispers of lands i'd never been to
and words of people whose souls i'd never speak to
children they dream and their eyes gleam and their mothers sing
of angels and people just as good

i searched for people whose hands brought promise of love we'd never dreamed of
and minds with power that gods trembled to speak of
little did i know that words mean barely anything
to angels and people just as good

i tried, i tried to escape this flesh
that held me in its human grip
and i forgot the ways of man
won't you bring me back again?

life it withers and curls at corners and rots back to the earth
it's filled with people who are cursed only with birth
as time passes i finally see that there's no such thing
as angels and people just as good

i tried, i tried to escape this flesh
that held me in its human grip
and i forgot the ways of man
won't you bring me back again?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

the verses are too poetic for my tastes, so i wont really give much feedback there because its just not my domain.

the chorus, on the other hand, i absolutely love. hopefully somebody else can really dig into the verses and tie this together for you
too poetic? does it work okay with the melody or do you think the poeticism makes it too heavy?
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

i havent had a chance to listen to the link, since ive only been on here at work haha
Clipping... clipping everywhere.

Too poetic? Nahh. With music like this, the words do really carry alot of weight because there really isn't a whole lot going on, so everything in it is crucial. I thought that they were great The verses keep it interesting and the chorus keeps it catchy. The song itself is great too, I really like the melody.