Is it possible to like playing music but get bored listening to it?

Playing guitar is all I ever do anymore. I'm going to college for music next year with the focus on classical guitar. I practice probably around 3 hours a day. I also play the piano, saxophone, and just starting to learn how to sing.

Even though I love to play music, I'm beginning to listen to music less and less. I used to listen to music all the time but I usually don't unless I'm in the car or something. I listen to a wide variety of music so it's not like I need to expand my musical taste. Even if I find something new, I get bored of it after a little while.
Meh as you get older you can find that you need to do other things. I'll listen to music primarily when I'm in the car, which is still for around an hour a day. All new albums go straight to the car. The other main places I'll listen to music are when I'm cleaning the house, mowing the lawn, or in the gym.

Otherwise it's when I have to listen to a new song for a cover band, or if I'm writing a part for a new original song I'll listen to the backing track over and over again.

Then compare this to 2-4 weekly practices and a 3-4 hour gig every week. If you added it up I spend far more time playing music than listening to it. And when I'm listening to it, I'm always doing something else in the meantime. Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Learn to play the songs you love,the songs do get boring as quick. That's something that really helped me.
that's a good (if you can call it that) sign for college, with music in college, you find yourself listening a lot less for enjoyment and more for critical reasons, that and playing more as alan said. it's a fairly natural stage i think for people who do music seriously.

i'm the same as alan though, whenever i'm at the gym/tidying the house/all that sorta stuff i listen.
Or perhaps try some new genres

Watcha usually listen to??

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I agree to an extent.

Although I'd say it happens for me more the other way, in that if I have to learn to play it, I start to like music I normally wouldn't.
This hasn't happened to me. I still listen to music for upwards of 6 hours a day, give or take. I listen at work, and I work in a warehouse so I can get away with always having one headphone in. Listening to music that much during the day really motivates me to practice when I get home.
Quote by MatthewLeisher
This hasn't happened to me. I still listen to music for upwards of 6 hours a day, give or take. I listen at work, and I work in a warehouse so I can get away with always having one headphone in. Listening to music that much during the day really motivates me to practice when I get home.

This is the same for me except its more like 9 hours a day. By the end of the day I really cant wait to get home and play.
I do not have this problem, I listen to music (almost) constantly. The times I'm not listening, I'm in school or thinking about music. As someone on here has in their signature: listen, analyze, learn (Thats not the order, but thats the order that makes sense to me.)
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.