Page 1 of 2
Pretty self explanatory. What are the songs that you just can't help but smile when you play them?

For me, right now I love nothing more than soloing the neck PU and slapping on some overdrive, and rocking out to some We Are Scientists, or some other form of indie.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I'm new to bass, But I LOVE playing Orion by Metallica :3 I
Quote by christfudge
Joe Satriani + Kirk Hammett = Joe Satriani

Quote by Vornik
I got really drunk, dropped some acid and found myself about 12 feet away from a black bear. Though you should know.
The Chain or Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac.

Red Barchetta, the fills at the end are so fun.

Sequoia Throne
Darkest nights by As I Lay Dying. It's a simple song but every part of it is fun to play
My sig? Nice.
Dream Theater - The Count Of Tuscany. Not an easy song, but easily one of their best and my favorite to play.
Jamiroquai - Travelling Without Moving

The way Paul Turner played it during the '05-'06 tours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKO8rnKg94o

Dunno if it's my favorite, but it sure as hell is the one I play most often right away after picking up a bass

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Eternally Missed by Muse. Awesome B-side, often overlooked, has a really heavy groove to it, love love love it
Oh i'm in a weird place, bass-wise these days... my soundchecks sway from motown (Marvin Gaye "What's Goin On", Jackson 5 "i want you back") to classic rock (Sabbath "Children of the Sea", Deep Purple "Black Night", Painter "Goin Home to Rock n Roll") to garage stuff (Shannon and the Clams "Cult", King Kahn and the shrines "Crackin Up") to indieish stuff (Pixies... literally everything).

Haha... yep. WAY to ADD to focus on one song or genre.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Norther-Nothing
Sentenced-Descending Curtain Of Death
Children Of Bodom-Sixpounder
Children Of Bodom-Silent Night, Bodom Night
Slayer-Seasons In The Abyss
Sentenced-Dead Moon Rising
Cradle Of Filth-Cthulhu Dawn (I don't listen to that crap band but that song is fun to play)
Children Of Bodom-Mask Of Sanity
Children Of Bodom-Everytime I Die
Motörhead-Overkill
Megadeth-Peace Sells
Last edited by Temezki at Jun 8, 2011,
I dont know about a favourite song to play right now, by my favorite song to play at the moment is Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo by Rick Derringer (the Johnny Winter version though). Fun tune to play on the bass.
Ted Nugent 2012

My Gear:

Fender American Standard Precision
Fender MIM Jazz
Gallien-Krueger 1001rb-ii/ 4x10 MBX cab
Ibanez AS-73
LTD EC-100
Peavey Rage 158
I like playing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFFGguX2SZM
Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIFARx5nO7w&feature=related
Faith No More - Evidence

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH6Gvtpiirw&feature=related
Dizzy Mizz Lizzy - Glory

At the moment those are what I play the most. They're pretty fun to play too!
The metric system, bro, the metric system.
Quote by TheIrishPatriot
Have sex to Colors. Warning: You may never feel as epic ever again.
I usually end my jam sessions with Hallowed Be Thy Name by Iron Maiden. Most of what I've been digging lately: Into the Void-Black Sabbath, Holy Wars-Megadeth, Ride The Lightning-Metallica, Easily-RHCP
I've been obsessing over "Got a Match?" by the Chick Corea Elektric Band lately. I only have it at about 75% tempo though, still trying to get it up to Patitucci's speed.

Overall though, some of my favorites are:
Moanin' - Art Blakey
Wave - Jobim
Inner Urge - Joe Henderson
School Days - Stanley Clarke
Southbound Pachyderm - Primus

edit
Quote by Din of Win
Oh i'm in a weird place, bass-wise these days... my soundchecks sway from motown (Marvin Gaye "What's Goin On", Jackson 5 "i want you back") to classic rock (Sabbath "Children of the Sea", Deep Purple "Black Night", Painter "Goin Home to Rock n Roll") to garage stuff (Shannon and the Clams "Cult", King Kahn and the shrines "Crackin Up") to indieish stuff (Pixies... literally everything).

Haha... yep. WAY to ADD to focus on one song or genre.

Amen!
Last edited by kmbuchamushroom at Jun 1, 2011,
I love playing Motown and Stax on Electric. Those lines are wonderful and instantly groovable. Also early James Brown grooves.

On upright? All Blues, All the Things you are and Tricotism.
When We Gonna Learn By Jamiroquai, don't care if it's simple, it's hellafun to play. Love me some fingerfunk.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
"Aeroplane" by red hot chili peppers... seems like theres a little of everything in that one.

Hmm. I love me some Get on the floor and Money is always nice in a pretty straight forward way!
But above all, my weakness is, anything with heavy distortion
I always play Flow of My Tears by Stuart Hamm. It's not hard but I love to play it plus people who have never really seen a bass played are easily amazed by stuff like that.

That and the short cover of Satriani's Love Thing he did.
Master of Puppets - Metallica
Spice of Life (It's actually a good song for the Bass) - BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad
Iron Maiden - Aces High

Are one of my faves that jump from note to note, but I just really like playing root notes.
Eh Lol
I found that I connect so strongly to ANY fast paced RHCP song.
I'll just pick up the bass and play songs like Aeroplane, Blackeyed Blond, So Much I...
It gets me ULTRA PUMPED
The slap part of Aeroplane by RHCP is extremely fun

(Don't) Give Hate a Chance by Jamiroquai is also one of my faves.

I love playing the solo part of Saint Veronika too
[Insert something clever here]
I genuinely prefer playing my own stuff or improvising than covers but that funk section from Take The Time by Dream Theater does it for me.
My favorite songs are these.

Sentenced-Blood and Tears
Poisonblack-Rush
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I turn up about 45 minutes early to band practices, so I normally tend to jam out:

Blackbird- the Jaco version
the harmonised bass/guitar middle section of Steve Vai's Damn You
Amazing Grace- Wooten
Battlestar Scaralachtica- Incubus
Seven Days in Sunny June- Jamiroquai

And Por ti Volare by Andrea Bocelli <.<
Master of Puppets is always a fun one to play. Once I get my new 5 string in I plan to play Panic Attack by Dream Theater again, which was really fun, too.
I am still pretty terrible but a couple favorites which I can more or less play:

Love Games - Level 42
Know Your Enemy - RATM
My favorites at the moment are definitely All Bodies by Between The Buried And Me and Palms Read by Protest The Hero. The tapping in Palms Read is so beautiful.
Redundant - Green Day
Love that song, not hard, but just a nice line.

Yes, I like Green Day and girls. What of it?
Basses:
Squier Affinity P
Stellah Ripwood 5
Epiphone EB-0
"Moonchild" - Iron Maiden
"Ecstasy" - Rusted Root
"My Friend of Misery" - Metallica
"The Ides of March/Wrathchild" - Iron Maiden
"The Star Spangled Banner"
"Quick to judge. Quick to anger. Slow to understand. Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand-in-hand."
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"
Last edited by deeptubes at Jun 3, 2011,
I'm the biggest Led Zep fan, but I've gotta admit that I just love so much playing both "Space Cadet" and "Catamaran" from Kyuss. They are just epic riffs. Considering also that Scott Reeder is left-handed (like I am) but he plays with his strings upside down still amazes me even today.
Trivium - A Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation, Pull Harder of the Strings of your Martyr
RATM - Know your Enemy
If creationists made Pokemon:
"What the, Pikachu is...Congratulations, God decided your Pikachu is now a Raichu."

So what...I like Metal...sue me

"music elitists"
Page 1 of 2