Page 1 of 2
Im sure there was a thread like this, but I didnt find it. So, let's say you hate some artist, but then you realize that they have some sick signature model. Has it ever happened to you? For me it's fenders and gibsons of tom delonge and the johnas brothers melody maker.
I wouldn't say I hate Jim Root, but I don't exactly love him as a guitarist. But his signature Telecaster is on my want list.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Woffelz
Wasn't there some story that the reason it's called "EGEN" is for this very reason? I've heard he didn't want people who played it to be associated as "Herman Li fans", or something like that.
I have a ponytail fetish.
..And a labcoat fetish. SCIENCE!
Chad Kroeger Les Paul. it's a cool looking, well spec'd out guitar with a stupid artist behind it
The Tremonti PRS is an awesome guitar, but he's pretty gay.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly

Hes incredible with Alter Bridge.
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
Hmm...May 27th to May 20th? Either you meant 30th or you're some kind of time traveler.

Choose your steel. Be the hero or die the fool.
Just face me on this burning bridge and show me
which side you choose.

>>Listen to my metulz!<<
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
i wouldn't say i hate yngwie but i don't really listen to his stuff.

his strat is awesome though.

Quote by krehzeekid
Chad Kroeger Les Paul. it's a cool looking, well spec'd out guitar with a stupid artist behind it

That is not nice. Chad is good, not too good but good nonetheless...well...its your opinion. Must admit though, his guitar is alot better than he is

Quote by robbgnarly

I agree with you sir
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Herman Li's EGEN has already been said....
Billy Joe Armstrong's Les Paul Jr. is pretty cool, dont like Green Day though.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Billie-Joe-Armstrong-Les-Paul-Jr.aspx
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
I've got nothing against Paul Stanley of KISS, but a lot of people seem to. At any rate, his Ibanez Iceman PS10 was a fantastic guitar that should be reissued:

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
jonas brothers melody maker.
take off all the crappy signatures and the massive jb logo
it'd be a pretty awesome melody maker no doubt..
The Ibanez Paul Grey ATK bass was rather nice-looking(bar that stupid inlay, but alas, beggars can't be choosers), and came in lefty, and if there's any nine People who = Shit to me, it's got to be Slipknot(...alright, bar maybe Jordison, he's a pretty good drummer despite my hate of the rest of the band). xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Enix165
The Ibanez Paul Grey ATK bass was rather nice-looking(bar that stupid inlay, but alas, beggars can't be choosers), and came in lefty, and if there's any nine People who = Shit to me, it's got to be Slipknot(...alright, bar maybe Jordison, he's a pretty good drummer despite my hate of the rest of the band). xD

Eh.. Corey Taylor can sing... I love his voice in Stone Sour...

Anyway, i thought of another guitar.
Rob Arnold's guitar
http://www.espguitars.com/guitars/signature/rob.html
Never really got into Chimaira
Call me Sean
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
He's just trying to protect our innocence.

Yes i am
Quote by :Vicious--

Your flirting powers are incredible.

Gear:
Schecter S1 Elite Black Cherry (Soapbar Neck, Invader Bridge)
Schecter Banshee
Orange Dual Terror
Boss CE-5
Goatkeeper
Like most people, the Jonas Brothers melody maker. Two P-90's, ebony fretboard, white finish, black pickguard, single-cut mahogany? Very yes. Just scrape the graphic off and I'd buy in a heartbeat.

The Chad Kroeger Les Paul as well. Not a Nickelback fan, but I really liked - and still really like - the Chad Kroeger model. It looks great, it has a fat neck, a piezo, and all for less than a Les Paul Standard. That's a steal.

Also, the Robert Cray strat. I don't dislike Robert, his music just never really hit me that strongly. Indifferent more than anything. But a strat with a hardtail is always nice to me.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Darkflame
A few years ago, I remember adoring the Tommy Iommi epi g-400

Really?

And I'm not much for Chad but his LP is bloody awesome.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
Chads LP is great bar those horrible stars down the neck.

Mine would be the following...

Paige Hamilton, havent really listened to him, but i adore his guitar.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
I used to like Tom Delonge a lot, but then Blink-182 got back together and his voice got nasal. Now I just adore his guitars (overpriced though).

Jimmy Page Number 2 Les Paul. Sexy guitar but...

David Gilmour strat with his EMG pickguards.

Tim Armstrong Gretsch. I love Rancid, but Tim is so obnoxious (and he doesn't play his guitar on stage)...yet he has a very cool guitar.

On the flip side, I love Green Day but I hate Billie Joe Armstrong's signature Gibsons. And I don't like Kirk Hammett's signature ESP's (aside from a few of his custom ones).
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
I love Herman Li's EGEN basically because it's exactly like my Ibanez S540 from 1997, but with some fine tunes to it that I would enjoy having. I don't HATE Herman Li, but I think he's quite over rated and the music doesn't do too much for me.
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/Series-EGEN

I like Mick Thompsons MTM2 for the unique bridge design. It's like an Edge, but it's fixed. So it has the locking nuts and fine tuning while keeping it a non trem guitar. You would barely ever have to tune. Ever. And I love the look of a basic paintjob with binding. Plus the Blackouts are badass.
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-MTM2
Quote by Tom 1.0

that is awesome. if you sell that you will never live it down.
For me it's Jim adkin's (i think) signature tele and patrick stump's gretsch, both have really nice looking guitars with good specs but I'm not a big fan of the two.
Absolutely can't STAND Sammy Hagar at all, his voice, his interviews make him seem like an annoying person (though I don't know him so it'd be wrong to say he IS one), but his guitar makes me cream myself...

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Sammy-Hagar-Red-Rocker-Les-Paul.aspx
Quote by Wisthekiller
Absolutely can't STAND Sammy Hagar at all, his voice, his interviews make him seem like an annoying person (though I don't know him so it'd be wrong to say he IS one), but his guitar makes me cream myself...

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Sammy-Hagar-Red-Rocker-Les-Paul.aspx

Beautiful guitar, but I think that is the ugliest headstock I have ever seen in my life.
From a thread asking if it is safe to tell someone the serial number on your amp:
Quote by JAHellraiser
omg dont do it! he can hack your amp get the b00tiful t00b t0anz
Quote by Tom 1.0

Oh shutup, you own that
Tehehe

I want this one next, hate Malmsteem though.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Herman Li's EGEN. I don't hate him, but I wouldn't say I'ma fan. But that guitar is awesome as hell looking.
Current Gear:
Mexican Fender Telecaster
Robert Smith custom Jazzmaster
Stratocaster
Vox AC4TV
I like the J5 Telecaster but I don't like him. (He played with Marilyn Manson or Rob Zombie or someone like that, right? I can't stand either of their music.) On the other hand I love Joe Strummer but I hate his signature Telecaster. That fake relic job looks disgusting.
I'm gonna go with the Chad Kroeger Les Paul. I don't mind him all that much, but my love for his guitar surpasses my love for him music immensely.
for me, its Dan Donnegans (Disturbed) signature Schecter. Seems like a cool guitar, just cant stand his playing. also, i had to laugh really hard when people said Chad Kroeger is a decent guitarist but Tremonti is gay. wtf? Tremonti can write circles around Chad, especially his work with Alterbridge
Most of them really. Very few of the guitar players I like have signature guitars and most of the people that do have signature guitars are players that I don't like. But signature guitars are almost always either well spec'd or at least have a couple of interesting unique features. Even Avril Lavigne's Squier has some funky switching.

I think the only signature guitars I don' like are the Fender and Jackson Iron Maiden ones. They're the most basic old school chop shop modified Strats. If you're in a tribute band and want the most faithful replication then I guess they're good to go for but really anyone could make one yourself. Buy any Strat, stick some humbuckers in it. It's the oldest mod around.
The Apex - not that I hate Korn, but the guitar is FAAAAAAAR better than the guitarist.
Quote by grohl1987
Most of them really. Very few of the guitar players I like have signature guitars and most of the people that do have signature guitars are players that I don't like. But signature guitars are almost always either well spec'd or at least have a couple of interesting unique features. Even Avril Lavigne's Squier has some funky switching.

I think the only signature guitars I don' like are the Fender and Jackson Iron Maiden ones. They're the most basic old school chop shop modified Strats. If you're in a tribute band and want the most faithful replication then I guess they're good to go for but really anyone could make one yourself. Buy any Strat, stick some humbuckers in it. It's the oldest mod around.

But Maiden are one of the oldest metal bands around?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Darkflame
A few years ago, I remember adoring the Tommy Iommi epi g-400

If you're going to hate, get his name right. It's Tony Iommi.

Anyway, I hate Synyster Gates and A7X, but remove the wank graphics, inlays and headstock and you have a pretty sweet guitar (so I guess I don't really like it very much at all )
Page 1 of 2