Page 1 of 3
Hey guys, deathcore has been allowed in the metal forum for quite some time now. So there's no point in having deathcore band threads in the hardcore forum. This also includes Job For A Cowboy.

Job For A Cowboy: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320576
Born of Osiris: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1028757
Whitechapel: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=677710

The other "big" deathcore bands will be moved eventually, but if it's not a really big band, don't bother bumping their threads.

All other general deathcore discussion, including smaller bands who would never survive in the metal forum, should be discussed in the general deathcore thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1153727

TL;DR: Deathcore bands are outta here!
All this really does is give us permission to flame kids making bad deathcore band threads. Awesome though.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by jetfuel495
Not necessarily

It does mean that I'll start closing bad deathcore band threads and redirecting them to the deathcore thread.

Well yea.. but I mean.. there is a window of time..
I'm an asshole.
What's a deathcore?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by MustangMan311
Heavy metalcore =/= deathcore.

Ehh, I've heard the tag deathcore associated with TAS before(although highly disputed), and I was just making sure.
I think BMTH should stay, only because it'd get flamed to shit in the metal forum
love is love // return to dust
They used to be deathcore, and now they're some sort of metal + pop rock combination.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
They used to be deathcore, and now they're some sort of metal + pop rock combination.

Lolno. It's metalcore, just not good in any way at all.

Quote by BK202
Move the BMTH thread into Classic Rock.

Only if the hardcore forum gets John Mayer.
Quote by TheBDanAbstract
Lolno. It's metalcore, just not good in any way at all.

No it's not metalcore, nor good.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by Kyle<3
I didn't think the last BMTH album was thaaaat bad.

Haven't heard it. The only one I've remotely listened to was their first album, because my ex co-guitarist and drummer blared it in the car all the time. (Wonder why that band never panned out.)
Quote by TheBDanAbstract
Haven't heard it. The only one I've remotely listened to was their first album, because my ex co-guitarist and drummer blared it in the car all the time. (Wonder why that band never panned out.)

If you've only heard the deathcore one, then why do you get an opinion on the matter? What makes you fit to call the newer stuff metalcore? Thanks for playing. Go home.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
If you've only heard the deathcore one, then why do you get an opinion on the matter? What makes you fit to call the newer stuff metalcore? Thanks for playing. Go home.

I have heard parts of whatever the second one was, and it was sure as hell not deathcore. I didn't say I had never listened to any of their other material at all, just not a lot. Context clues, dude.

extensively - adverb - to a large extent or degree

If I look at the color purple, I know immediately that whatever I'm looking at is ****ing purple. If I hear a metalcore song(or for you special kids "nu-"metalcore), I can tell it's a metalcore song. Everybody give Nashawa a big round of applause for coming out tonight guys.
Quote by TheBDanAbstract
It's way closer than anything remotely poppy or metal.

Two songs featuring Lights and one featuring the guy from You Me At Six on the new album. Seems pretty poppy to me.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by lookpizza
Two songs featuring Lights and one featuring the guy from You Me At Six on the new album. Seems pretty poppy to me.

Wow. You Me At Six on a BMTH album. I enjoy YMAS from time to time, but what the ****?
Page 1 of 3