can a marshall jcm 900 2x12 combo be connected to a marshall 1936 2x12 cab so that all 4 speakers( 2 internal and 2 cab speakers) are used at the same time?
Quote by Tyler.Allain
Does the JCM you have feature a quarter inch cab out? It should be clearly labeled if it does.

i havent got one at the minute. i was just wondering....maybe have just the combo for gigs that i get miced up and the extension cab for when im not miced up for better sound.
Quote by anderson80
i havent got one at the minute. i was just wondering....maybe have just the combo for gigs that i get miced up and the extension cab for when im not miced up for better sound.

It'd be possible to set it up that way, but stock I don't think it would work. That said, 2 high quality speakers will always sound better than 4 lesser ones. Number of speakers is a very small determinant of volume. I wouldn't worry about it.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
It'd be possible to set it up that way, but stock I don't think it would work. That said, 2 high quality speakers will always sound better than 4 lesser ones. Number of speakers is a very small determinant of volume. I wouldn't worry about it.

+1
well ive got an attenuator with 2 speaker outs. could i have my combo going into the attenuator with one out going back into the combos speakers (like i normally do) and the other out going to a 2x12 cab?
Quote by anderson80
can a marshall jcm 900 2x12 combo be connected to a marshall 1936 2x12 cab so that all 4 speakers( 2 internal and 2 cab speakers) are used at the same time?
Yes. Any combo can be hooked up like that. It's just a matter of knowing how to do it.
My Fender Twin has an external speaker out, right next to where the 2 onboard speakers plug in. I use a 2x12 Bugera cab all day long.. AND it doesn't cancel out the onboard speakers at all...

Look up the Manual online... oh wait.. here's one

http://www.marshallamps.com/downloads/files/JCM900%20Series%20hbk.pdf

Might not be the right one, but google it..
I Play Guitar
Some Like it
Some don't
I don't care
Beats Workin'
OLD GUYS RULE!!!!
My 6505 212 can run the internal speakers plus a cab (in my case the cab has to be 16ohms). Or I can disconnect the internals and then the extension cab output on the combo auto switches from 4/8/16. Have the internals disconnected and just use my mesa 4x12 :P
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
ok cool. so what difference will i notice in the sound by adding a closed back 2x12? (im aware cabs come with different speakers and build quality) my combo has celestion g12t-75 speakers so i would prob go for a cab with different speakers for variety.
Big difference between need and want (and can afford it!).
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
If ur going to buy a cab for extra volume it's an absolute waste of money.
If you are going for a look, buy an cheap empty cab or something crap and pull the speakers out of it so you don't have to deal with the extra weight.
Quote by Guitarbaddie
You don't need the 4x12

theres that
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by 667
If ur going to buy a cab for extra volume it's an absolute waste of money.
If you are going for a look, buy an cheap empty cab or something crap and pull the speakers out of it so you don't have to deal with the extra weight.

It's not necessarily all about the volume. It's how the sound is projected. And the extra low end ooomph.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
its not about volume at all. say i got an orange or blackstar 2x12 which comes with vintage 30s to compliment the g12t-75s:
would the 2 sets of speakers compliment each other well?
how would it affect the lows/mids/highs?
if the combo and cab were miced up how would that sound different to just one of them miced up?..........
would i have a fuller sound?