I'm looking at getting a wireless setup for my guitar rig soon. Honestly, I'm tired of getting tangled up in a mess of cables at my gigs (usually because I have more cable than needed for such a small space), but also because I just feel caged because of my cable.
I'm a bit of a noob though when it comes to the whole wireless thing. A guy at the local music store (Not Guitar Center) recommended the Line 6 Relay G30, but I have a bad outlook on Line 6 because of their abysmal Spyder II (which I owned and despised).
So I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about which wireless systems are good, and which ones are a waste of time. Budget isn't really an issue because I actually have a job for once. lol.
Thanks a bunch!
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Don't hate on Line 6 just because of their lowest line of gear.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
The Relay is excellent. It's only the spiders from line6 which are balls
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
I use Nady, its cheap(even cheaper on ebay) its not great but it gets the job done
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by pigeonmafia
The Relay is excellent. It's only the spiders from line6 which are balls

lol okay. I'll stop the Line 6 hate.

I guess my next question would be which Relay is the best? There's a G30, a G50, and the G90, which is a rackmount (I don't have a rack setup, so this seems a bit much). Is the G50 worth spending the extra $100 on? The G50 looks to be made from metal, whereas the G30 seems to be plastic. That's almost enough for me to go for the extra $100 right there, but is the G50 just as reliable as the G30?

EDIT:
I'm not even gonna touch Nady. I want something that's going to last, and I've heard lots of bad stuff about them.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Go for the G50. Nice and mid range, without it being a rack unit.

That's my humble opinion anyway!
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
Go for the G50. Nice and mid range, without it being a rack unit.

That's my humble opinion anyway!

I'll do it!

Thank you for the help.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie

Quote by WCPhils
Definitely +102348 on the Line 6 G50. I have one and I don't experience any dropped signal unless I try playing through 4 walls, seriously. Plus it has the receiver antennas which boost the signal a bit compared to the G30. They're solid boxes too, and I also read that they are one of the only wireless units to work in England because it uses digital signal (don't quote me on this, Periphery says so!).