Hey I'm an electric player who has decided I want to learn classical guitar. However I have no idea what classical guitar to buy, or any makes of classical guitar for that matter, or what the price theshold is for a classical guitar to be decent. Could anyone point me in the right direction?
Well, if you're just 'testing' and getting a feel for it, then i'd suggest like a 20 pound nylon acoustic you can get in any music shop. You'd be surprised by how good they can be to learn on

But if you must insist, check out the Luna Henna Nylon models, they're beautiful
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
"Classical" and "acoustic steel-string" and "archtop" and "tenor" and a dozen more different designs are all "acoustic" guitars which make sound mechanically. Strings make the body vibrate and that moves air.
Hopefully, in a pleasant manner. Electric guitars excite a magnetic pickup and that produces the great majority of the sound. You can use a log. (Les Paul did...)

So, by "learning classical guitar" do you mean you'd like to use a classical guitar (a nylon-stringed guitar) for ordinary playing or do you want to invest the time and discipline to learn the standard technique and repertoire of classical guitar.
The formal study, if you will. Segovia and Sor and Paganini and all those guys....
Yeah I mean I want to know about some nylon stringed guitars. I have an acoustic that I have been using to learn but its a bit big and the stings are real close together, so I makes it hard to do play fingerstyle.
Quote by Sharktoothinlay
Yeah I mean I want to know about some nylon stringed guitars. I have an acoustic that I have been using to learn but its a bit big and the stings are real close together, so I makes it hard to do play fingerstyle.

I don't know what prices are like in the US (I assume that's where you live) but check out Alhambra guitars. Up until the 4P model, they're great value for money and make excellent student models.

If you're not willing to shell out that much cash, get a Yamaha C-40, it's basically the standard that most people start off with and it's not a great instrument, but it's not terrible either.

If you're looking to take the instrument up seriously, get a teacher to show you how to do things properly.