I'm moving to the DC area for college next fall (American University), and am looking to start up a new musical project. I'm literally open to any musical style, so long as it's interesting to me- I've played in metal groups, jazz groups, various styles of rock groups, and really, I'd be happy playing anything, so long as I find others to play with. Ideally, a band with no limits- we can play really brutal music one song, and go to bluesy rock or jazz in the next. Or combine them. Djent is good, post-rock/post-metal of any sort is good, there literally isn't anything I wouldn't play.

Ideally, I'm looking for a group of musicians, including a drummer and bass player. Keyboardist would be cool too, as well as potentially a second guitarist, and a vocalist. I'd prefer not to have growls be a main vocal style, but I'm totally fine with their use sporadically, and tastefully.

So, a little about me: I'm a guitarist with 5 years playing experience, and gear professional enough for shows and recordings.

This wouldn't take place until next August/September, but I'd like to start meeting people online early. Just shoot me a PM if you're from there, and have any interest.

Thanks!
Zach
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Last edited by silhouettica at Jun 1, 2011,
Hey, ill be moving to Fairfax VA (10 mins from DC) starting this summer. Im a bass/guitar/drummer. Just looking to meet musicians in the area / writing some music. Ive been playing guitar/bass for about 7 years, and drumming for 2. Im into prog rock (tool/coheed & cambria) and some metalcore (Pierce the veil, Sleeping with sirens, A Day to Remember). anything rock is good to me. Im not an amazing drummer, but as a backup guitarist/bass player would be fun.
^^ PMed!
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.