hi,
i was wondering how to connect one guitar to several amps because it looks so cool please help me ,

many thanks james
Do you want them all to work at once, or do you want to switch between them?

Most of the time, when you see stacks and stacks of amps onstage, they are merely props, and not all hooked up.

With an A/B/Y you can go to two amps. With Marshalls(and others), it isn't uncommon to rewire one as a slave, then use the line out from the master so that you use it to shape the sound and the other for extra power.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Why? Do you need that much volume, or is it simply, as you stated, that it looks cool?
Quote by CodChick

You need an A/B/Y pedal to do it with two... To do it with more you'll need a more complex (expensive) set up.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
So why do you need them all to work? Just get broken/non-working amps cheap and stack 'em up behind you. Much cheaper.
would it work with connecting them by like imou/outout/input if that makes sence ?
The outputs normally bypass the speaker in a combo I believe, and in a head obviously there's no speaker, so all you're doing is putting a very high-level signal into amp after amp. I'm not sure you can do that without doing some damage.

Not to mention you're not gaining anything, as you're bypassing the speaker. I don't see where you're going with this.
'Input/Output/Input/Output' = 'Boom'
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
If an amp has 2 inputs, in many cases, you can go into one, and out the other into another amp, similar to jumpering a 2 channel amp.
Quote by CodChick

An even cheaper option (other than stacking cheap amps) is to buy broken amps. You could probably get a large cab that doesn't work for around $30....maybe more?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
As said, an ABY pedal is what you need.

Don't go fooling around with connecting amps together though. You can seriously damage them if you connect them incorrectly.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I just use any pedal with two outputs, like a boss chorus or some thing. Then you got stereo sound. It's pretty fun to mess around with. Then if you have another 'two output' pedal kickin around you can connect that and have 3 amps going, and so on.
Last edited by CapnKickass at Jun 1, 2011,
TS has to be Slash
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ