Poll: Should Nintendo start making NES games again?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should Nintendo start making NES games again?
Yes
15 31%
Maybe
7 14%
No
11 22%
Hell no
16 33%
Voters: 49.
Poll says it all. Should Nintendo start making NES games again?

Nintendo would definitely make a profit because of the the recent rise in popularity in the 8bit style.

On the downside I'm pretty sure not as many people own a NES as compared to the Wii.
Quote by runx2xthehills
Nintendo would definitely make a profit because of the the recent rise in popularity in the 8bit style.

No they wouldn't.

As you say, more people have Wiis anyway. If they really did want to make the 8-bit style, they'd just do that for the Wii, or release packs of older games for Wii.
... the NES is an antique. It would ruin the value of the cartridges that I do happen to still own.

No. Keep it special, keep it sacred.

Also, they never would do it.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Quote by SlinkyBlue
... the NES is an antique. It would ruin the value of the cartridges that I do happen to still own.

this.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by SlinkyBlue

I forgot to put this as a option. What about a limited edition sort of thing?
I think it probably slightly ruins the retro appeal of it if they start making new ones.

If a company released a new 8-bit console now, nobody would buy it because to be frank, they're not actually as good as modern consoles. It's just nostalgia and retrospect.
That would be incredibly stupid unless they released it over the virtual console. Even with the reduced development costs of making an 8-bit game I'm not sure people would pay whatever they charge for a new NES game.
Maybe the worst idea I've ever heard. People love them because of the nostalgia factor and remembering being a kid. If you start cranking them out again, that goes away. Plus, it wouldn't make any money because most people now want high end graphics and gameplay. Just play the old ones because they're always fun. Or check out some of the games on XBLA or something. The Scott Pilgrim game is an 8-bit beat em up that's extremely fun and nostalgic. Things like that are okay, but a mass production of NES games again would be an awful idea.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
They would probably just **** it up and give the NES a bad name.
Leave it as is
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Quote by MadClownDisease
I think it probably slightly ruins the retro appeal of it if they start making new ones.

If a company released a new 8-bit console now, nobody would buy it because to be frank, they're not actually as good as modern consoles. It's just nostalgia and retrospect.

That's a good point.

I wouldn't mind Nintendo doing a limitied edition thing but I'm almost 100% sure they won't.

I think kids these days need to know the frustration of how hard some of these games were back in the day. I'm still working my ass off to beat Ninja Gaiden.
Quote by RU Experienced?
That would be incredibly stupid unless they released it over the virtual console. Even with the reduced development costs of making an 8-bit game I'm not sure people would pay whatever they charge for a new NES game.

That's another downside of it. Knowing Nintendo they would charge up the ass for them.
Quote by runx2xthehills
That's another downside of it. Knowing Nintendo they would charge up the ass for them.

It's like 5 bucks for the original mario.

"It's those corporations man.."
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Capcom just recently released 2 brand new Mega Man games in the original 8 bit style, They brought back alot of good memories.... and controller breaking rage.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by SlinkyBlue
It's like 5 bucks for the original mario.

"It's those corporations man.."

Well it would cost more to develop a new game than to port an existing game so I'm guessing that the cost of a new NES style game would cost more than what they charge for other VC games. On top of that I'm not sure people would really be willing to pay much more than that or whether there's enough of a demand for them to deem it profitable to start developing 8-bit games again.
In all serious no. But they should make an emulator that's available on PC and the Wii.
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Quote by runx2xthehills
More people said yes than no, everyone commenting says no. Where are all the yes people?!

12 (8 and 4) said no and 11 said yes. how is that more for yes?
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Why not release old NES and SNES games for the DS ?
It's not like the console can't handle them.
Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
No. They should continue porting these games to the Wii marketplace.

EDIT: And they should make the translated Mother available, as well as EarthBound, on the Wii Marketplace... AND have Mother 3 packaged with Mother and EB for DS.

>_>

<_<
Last edited by L2112Lif at Jun 1, 2011,
Quote by Ostinattos
Why not release old NES and SNES games for the DS ?
It's not like the console can't handle them.

They already ported a lot of SNES and NES games to GBA

They're doing that with some NES and SNES games for the DS, but making the graphics better (sometimes worse)
SNES yes

the gameplays are extremely similar except SNES has memory
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by L2112Lif
No. They should continue porting these games to the Wii marketplace.

EDIT: And they should make the translated Mother available, as well as EarthBound, on the Wii Marketplace... AND have Mother 3 packaged with Mother and EB for DS.

>_>

<_<

I like your thinking

<_<

>_>
Quote by runx2xthehills
More people said yes than no, everyone commenting says no. Where are all the yes people?!

They're just troll baiting, they have no actual argument.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
Why would they have to make it for NES? Why couldn't they make 8-bit style games for current consoles?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
Why would they have to make it for NES? Why couldn't they make 8-bit style games for current consoles?

They already do. As someone pointed out earlier a new Mega Man was released in an 8bit fashion.

I'm saying it'd be something else to receive a brand new NES Cartridge... even maybe a limited edition Mario 3 or something.
No. It'd kill the antiquity of the original NES games, plus, they'd never do it. Out of 100 people who play video games, not a whole lot of them have that appreciation for the old NES style. At least all of the twelve year olds can't settle for anything less exciting than Halo.
XBL: Kgrimes2
Steam: The_Anfauglir
Gamecenter: Kgrimes2
Wii Friend Code: 4970 3999 0634 0858
Twitter: KevinGrimes2
Quote by runx2xthehills
They already do. As someone pointed out earlier a new Mega Man was released in an 8bit fashion.

I'm saying it'd be something else to receive a brand new NES Cartridge... even maybe a limited edition Mario 3 or something.

Game makers aren't going back to making NES sized cartridges any time soon since they realized how much cheaper it is to put a game on a disc