Page 1 of 2
I'm just interested to know what everyone's pulse rate at rest is. Mine is 110-120 which seems quite high? Should I be worried?

I used a stopwatch to take my pulse, so feel free to share your own.

http://www.online-stopwatch.com/
I'll run in the rain till Im breathless
When Im breathless I'll run till I drop
The thoughts of a fools kind of careless
Im just a fool waiting on the wrong block.
Quote by GeeGar
I'm just interested to know what everyone's pulse rate at rest is. Mine is 110-120 which seems quite high? Should I be worried?

That sounds like you have tachycardia, but I am not that kind of doctor.

I think mine is the average amount, I did not check though.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Mine is usually pretty high too. Take your pulse after not drinking any energy drinks/caffeinated shit for 24 hours. Mine went down after doing that. Just cause your pulse is high, you don't have some life threating illness. It's worth getting checked out though.
Last edited by genghisgandhi at Jun 1, 2011,
Mine's 54. I guess yours is really really high.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
i have some heart issues, i had two palpitations in the minute i recorded the pulse rate (i did a whole minute to get a more accurate result) and got 140. my heart bloody annoys the shit out of me because i can always feel it heavily pounding through my chest, and the palpitations make me actually moan in discomfort

Quote by Hebriqui
Mine's 54. I guess yours is really really high.

...per minute? isn't that bradycardic? :/
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Last edited by laid-to-waste at Jun 1, 2011,
Mine is 90. What's the normal range?

edit: Took my pulse a few more times, they average in the 80s.
So mine is normal, normal rate is between 60 and 100.
Last edited by Masamune at Jun 1, 2011,
Quote by GeeGar

It's pretty high. Should be between 50 and 100.
Hmm, I haven't anything like that at all recently, and my pulse always seems to have been quite high? I haven't had any problems but I don't know if it means there is something wrong with me? :S

EDIT: I haven't had any energy drinks/caffine today. I was slow to reply.
Last edited by GeeGar at Jun 1, 2011,
Also, I'm female, so I suppose that means mine is going to be a little higher on average.
Quote by laid-to-waste
i have some heart issues, i had two palpitations in the minute i recorded the pulse rate (i did a whole minute to get a more accurate result) and got 140. my heart bloody annoys the shit out of me because i can always feel it heavily pounding through my chest, and the palpitations make me actually moan in discomfort

...per minute? that sounds extremely bradycardic to me :/

It can be farrrr lesss, hehe. There are some marathonrunners out there who have restpulses of lower than 40 bpm.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Quote by GeeGar
Hmm, I haven't anything like that at all recently, and my pulse always seems to have been quite high? I haven't had any problems but I don't know if it means there is something wrong with me? :S

How often do you exercise? A really sedentary lifestyle could mean having a high pulse.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Why the **** is your avatar a banana? Do you realize how many pictures of bananas there are on the internet?

http://www.google.com/search?q=banana&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1366&bih=705

well, he actually has three bananas. he once told me, banana banana banana --> acronym is BBB --> B is second letter of alphabet, three Bs so multiply 2 by three, to which you get 6 which is his favorite number.

Quote by Hebriqui
It can be farrrr lesss, hehe. There are some marathonrunners out there who have restpulses of lower than 40 bpm.

ah, thanks! didn't know that, that always sounded dangerously low to me.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
42, Yay for having weird illnesses doctors can't figure out
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Quote by GeeGar
Also, I'm female, so I suppose that means mine is going to be a little higher on average.

Regardless if your resting heartrate is 110+ you should probably consult your physician.
Quote by Masamune
How often do you exercise? A really sedentary lifestyle could mean having a high pulse.

An average amount, I own a horse so that means riding [behave] pretty much every day, and I have a job that requires quite a lot of physical work. I'm naturally slim and have a really fast metabolism so it's not even like I'm overweight?

I used to get reaaaaally bad chest pains in the right hand side of my chest a couple of years back, but despite numerous xrays and ECGs, they couldnt find anything wrong, and I don't really get them anymore.
Mine is 75
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Did it twice, 84 the first time, 70 the second time. Hmm, make your mind up, heart.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy

Oh yeah.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
Resting heart rate for me is 64bpm.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
My average resting rate sits around 59bpm. When I'm out running I'll probably get up to about 150-160bpm.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
62. Chill as all shit.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by GeeGar
An average amount, I own a horse so that means riding [behave] pretty much every day, and I have a job that requires quite a lot of physical work. I'm naturally slim and have a really fast metabolism so it's not even like I'm overweight?

I used to get reaaaaally bad chest pains in the right hand side of my chest a couple of years back, but despite numerous xrays and ECGs, they couldnt find anything wrong, and I don't really get them anymore.

Hmm.
As others have said, I'd probably go see a doctor about the pulse if I were you.
Yeah, maybe that's a good idea. :/
83 using the android app, But I've had a fair bit of caffeine and I'm a smoker so all things considered that's not too bad.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by jgbsmith
83 using the android app, But I've had a fair bit of caffeine and I'm a smoker so all things considered that's not too bad.

Heart rate monitor? That app is very unreliable, lol. Easier to just count your pulse for a minute.
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
<//////>~ dA
It depends on what you've had to eat, how much sleep you got, how in shape you are. One reading of your pulse doesn't mean shit.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by esther_mouse
Heart rate monitor? That app is very unreliable, lol. Easier to just count your pulse for a minute.

Even easier to count your pulse for ten seconds and multiply by 6.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Even easier to count your pulse for ten seconds and multiply by 6.

But less accurate, which is why I didn't suggest it. At school we counted for 15 seconds and multiplied by 4, but it's not exactly difficult to count for 60 seconds, and gives a more reliable result.
<//////>~ dA
Page 1 of 2