I made a thread on this a couple days ago, but i still need help. I've been playing for about 4 years and I'm not terrible. i can play a variety of stuff, but I cannot play an F minor. I know all the normal chords and a bunch of jazz chords and never have any trouble with any of them except F minor. I have small hands and the G string sits right under the joint on my finger and doesn't ring out. Any advice?
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I'm assuming you're talking about barring across the 1st fret? When learning classical guitar (which is very difficult to learn to barre on), I had to make a conscious effort to raise the knuckle up to line up evenly with my finger. Usually, it will be slouching below to accomodate playing without tension.
Nothing that is worthwhile in life will ever come easy.
If you roll your finger upwards slightly as you bar then the joint is no longer an issue, as it's straight bone essentially.

Plus the side of your knuckle will help to push the string down.
[Gibson Explorer]
[Ibanez RG1XXV]
[Line6 PodHD]
[ENGL Retro Tube 100]
[Dunlop CryBaby]
[quote="'[Azrael"]']If you roll your finger upwards slightly as you bar then the joint is no longer an issue, as it's straight bone essentially.

Plus the side of your knuckle will help to push the string down.

This is what works for me too. In other words, kind of turn your finger on its side a little. Good luck!
"Because hoes don't trust anyone.. especially me."