Hey there,

I've been bitten by the Les Paul bug and I was looking at some budget friendly Les Paul options. I pretty much don't like ANY Les Paul besides goldtops and while I don't like the Black plastic on the JB Sig that Epiphone have put out I really love it otherwise (I'd replace the plastics).

Is this guitar worth looking at? I'm not prepared to go Gibson, especially since I can't afford or won't be able to afford it for a long time. It has Gibson Burstbuckers which by my understanding is pretty good.

I'm a Strat/Tele player but yes I'm aware of the scale difference.

What else can you tell me about it?
Sparrow Twangmaster Telecaster
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
Personally, I'd wait a little while - Gibson's releasing a JB Signature Studio model, and if it's anything like the 50's/60's Studio Tribute models, it'll be a very nice guitar at a bargain for what it is.

Edit: Here we go.

http://backstage.musiciansfriend.com/productDetail/productDetail.jsp?src=3WFRWXX&entProductId=H71169

Not sure how much the Epiphone is, but this looks pretty good for $1,500 if you ask me.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jun 1, 2011,
The Epi is £500/$800 X_X

Like I said, I flat out can't afford any gibson at this point and won't be able to for a long time.
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Korg Pitchblack > Fuzz Face > Tubescreamer -> Crybaby -> Modded SD-1 -> Big Muff -> Phaser -> El Capistan -> TS-1 Tremolo/Stereo-Pan

Vox VT20+
The only Les Paul I'll even consider is a Gold Top :p I honestly hate burst/solid finishes on LPs. Gold Top all the way!

I'd also like a Junior with P90's but that's for later, I'm interested in a Standard LP just now.
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Vox VT20+
man... for 1500 dollars, I would buy a Les Paul Classic GOLDTOP. And still have enough money for the pup swap.
I've had mine since Feb.; I'm a big Bonamassa fan. It's a really nice guitar; the pickups are nice and beefy. I was concerned about the Burstbucker 2 and 3. I have a Gibson LP Studio with Burstbucker Pros and I can't seem to bond with those, but the BB 2 and 3 have a nice bite to them. It came with a nice hard case. It was set up okay but the fretboard needed a good cleaning; my fingers would turn black after playing for a while. The neck is pretty thick but comfortable. Overall, it is well worth the $699 I paid for it. I think I still prefer my Gibson LP Studio 60s Tribute though. I love the P90s. It was only about $150 more than the Bonamassa.
I'm going to go play it sometime soon if my local guitar shop has any in.
G&L Legacy Stratocaster

Vox VT20+