So I bought my VHT used it sounds rediculous. Have had it a few months no, no problems whatsoever.

Then last night at practice, there is a part where I utilize the footswitch frequently. During that part my amp shit the bed.

It still works, it still produces noise. But about 70% loss of volume and power.

I used to ryn master at about 90-95% and my channel volume on 2. And everyone still says wow man ur too loud... But now I can max everything and still sounds very weak.

I visited other forums, everyone said check the power tubes, which was my first thought. The only thing is They all look fine. All glowing same orange color. Nothing looks broke, the fuses are both fine. What the hell.

this is my 2nd tube amp and I do not know alot about tubes, If a power tube goes will it cut the power/volume like it does now or will it just not work at all?

Also since they are still glowing does that mean they are still good?
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
I would guess pre-amp tube. After the amp has warmed up, poke your pre-amp tubes with your pick. IF they ring out real loudly, replace the offender.
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
Quote by shikkaka
I would guess pre-amp tube. After the amp has warmed up, poke your pre-amp tubes with your pick. IF they ring out real loudly, replace the offender.

ok will check it out, I did actually notice a sound. After I turned it off tubes were very warm. And while close to the back of the amp i heard ticking sounds.

Almost as if my dad pulled in the driveway with his 1988 cougar and it was cooling down. You know those old school muffler ticks after you turn off the car,

My tubes were doing that, I just assumed that was ok and normal.
do you have an extra preamp tube? try swapping it out in each position one at at time.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
do you have an extra preamp tube? try swapping it out in each position one at at time.

sweet id rather buy 1 than all lol....I might try that....any tube suggestions for a Pitbull? JJ's maybe?

I did try to switch power amp tubes and use the half power setting but that didnt help...
If I replace a tube with the same exact tube but new. will I need to rebias?
you are probably good with a single jj. i've never looked into re-tubing a pitbull tbh.

Quote by maddnotez
If I replace a tube with the same exact tube but new. will I need to rebias?

not the preamp tubes. just the big honkers.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Do you have a local electronics or music store that has a tube tester?

I take all mine to the electronics store, they have a tube tester in the back, it's free to use.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Quote by ecvMatt
Do you have a local electronics or music store that has a tube tester?

I take all mine to the electronics store, they have a tube tester in the back, it's free to use.

Id have to look into it. Kind of a strange area I live in. Pretty sure I just need new tubes.