hey i'm about to order a peavey 6505+ combo but i'm not sure which foot switch to order. so if any of you can help me out that would be great.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I had the amp head and it came with one. I didnt know they had options for footswitch.

If there is one out there I would buy one that has a boost on it. Obviously the clean/dirty/crunch but also a boost if possible. Or if no boost an fx loop engage switch.
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
There is no boost on the amp, therefore there won't be one on the footswitch...
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
actually yea, theres a boost
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
I believe that amp has a 1/4" stereo jack for the footswitch. If that is the case, a Boss FS-6 will work. I have one and I like it a lot. On my 5150 the "B" switch controls the reverb on and off. It will probably work the same for yours, if you have reverb. If not, it's probably the boost.

EDIT v I just looked at a pic, and there is no boost, but it has a crunch switch for the clean channel. So it might work that. Chances are it's for the reverb though.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jun 1, 2011,
where is the boost???

edit: oh! my bad. didn't realize we were talking about the combo.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Jun 1, 2011,
haha thats ok good sir, everybody makes mistakes. and i'll look into the boss aswell
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
ok so i went on the peavey website and found out what i need, basically any 2 button switch; i'm going with the windsor/valveking model which apparently is the standard for this amp. just wish they would mention that somewhere haha. also to clarify, one switch is for changing between rhythm and lead channels and the other switch activates the rhythm channel boost function.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby