Okay so I searched for a gym or fitness thread and couldn't find one..

Also I haven't posted on UG in a while so if I'm doing it wrong - please inform me..

So basically I noticed something the other day - I'm a pretty small guy - around 5 6 and my dads only about 5 8, but he looks a lot bigger than me.. and then I kinda realised he's a lot more built out sideways than I am, not waste wise but chest and arms wise..

I go to the gym a lot but I always end up lean.. I'd just like to know whether people think that being more built out sideways makes you seem taller or just bigger and whether theres a way to build out sideways?

Thanks for your time as always pit

HELLO!

Quote by JamesLPs
Okay so I searched for a gym or fitness thread and couldn't find one..

i think you're asking the wrong people...
Exercise and Nutrition thread.
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
There is a Health and Fitness thread somewhere around here FYI, shouldn't be hard to find with the search feature. If you're trying to build muscle mass you need to be taking in more calories than you are expending during your workout, so diet is very important. It should go without saying that eating a lot of protein is important as well. Compound weight exercises are often recommended and it's better to life heavier weights with fewer reps when you're trying to gain muscle.

Find the thread and I'm sure you'll get more extensive help.
Okay thanks guys, I don't mind it being reported, as long as I'm told where to go

HELLO!

Quote by JamesLPs
Okay thanks guys, I don't mind it being reported, as long as I'm told where to go

I'd rephrase that last part
Quote by SeveralSpecies
That's not what your mother said.

That's right. You aint the only one working with cows.

DOUBLE MOM JOKE!

Quote by mattkendell
I'd rephrase that last part

well said, sir
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
low reps, high weight. basically that's gonna make you gain more muscle mass.

you're probably better off starting off with an endurance cycle and working your way up to higher weights and lower reps.
Work the calf muscles a lot.

Only because it feels real ****ing good.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Keep lifting like you are and eat healthy.

Start drinking protein shakes or eating protein bars immediately after you work out. I'm working on the same thing bro and I'm doing this stuff and i'm starting to see results.