I had my guitar on its stand and i somehow managed to knock it off and it went into my pc tower,I grabbed it before it hit the floor. Theres a slight chip in the neck . Is there anything i can do to fix it? It doesn't affect the sound at all.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Last edited by carlingking at Jun 1, 2011,
It shouldn't affect the sound. I am sure no once can notice it unless they specifically look for it. Don't even think about fixing, its a small but rather deep scratch.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
If you are feeling the gouge while playing and dislike that, I'd suggest getting some sort of colored wood filler to fill it in with... Might at least be able to smooth it out.

Also, I have a real thing against floor stands. I find they are too easy to knock guitars off of. If you are just keeping it in the house, I suggest building or buying a wall hanger. Theres likely tons of threads on UG on how to make one. I have made three with just a block of wood, some screws, and those things that you can get at the hardware store to hang shovels on.
Quote by Devilbliss
If you are feeling the gouge while playing and dislike that, I'd suggest getting some sort of colored wood filler to fill it in with... Might at least be able to smooth it out.

Also, I have a real thing against floor stands. I find they are too easy to knock guitars off of. If you are just keeping it in the house, I suggest building or buying a wall hanger. Theres likely tons of threads on UG on how to make one. I have made three with just a block of wood, some screws, and those things that you can get at the hardware store to hang shovels on.

Cheap wallhangers get the job done too. Just make sure you use good quality anchors when drilling.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
If you can't feel it, leave it be. If you can, you could try to fill it amd smooth it out, or take it in and get it quoted to see if the cost is worth it to you.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Cheap stands suck. I always have my case lying at a 70 degree angle to function as a stand.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
this is why i hate guitar stands i keep my guitars in cases when not in use....

but yea that should be nothing to worry about.. if it is you could also get a small amount of wood putty and fill it in...