Spent some time on this one and I hope it shows.
Gone for a bit of a cheese fest on the guitars, stepped up with some extra layers and some effects knockin around in the back ground. I say defo listen to this with some headphones or wide stereo worth it cause there's about six layers of guitars all kinda playing different stuff.

No vox cause lets face it I can't...=P But I have put some lead lines and motifs to replace them.
Drums arer programmed and I've tried to bring as much life from them as poss, Though it is hard without the real deal hitting stuff.
Bass is my LTD EC1000 running through a Morpheus droptune(awesome go buy one) dropped down an octave.
Rest of the tracks are again the same guitar as above but ran through a marshall, line6, mesa dual, and some boutique models from my line6 pod farm(come on you think I have the cash for all those?...I just own a line6 head).

Please rate/slate/plain hate this track...Feedback is always an awesome thing even if it is to say 'Dude you suck'.

Feel free to link vids and rate/slate/plain hate back. =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPn6xBVs-UI
Last edited by metal105 at Jun 4, 2011,
Quote by aaron aardvark
metal105,
Dude you rock! At ~1:50, the timing sounds iffy, but otherwise everything sounds quite good! Drums all sound good. Guitar tones are good. I like the guitar harmonics at ~3:05. Overall, good recording! Please review my music at this link:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27316403#post27316403

I hear what you mean around the 1:50, I have also picked some stuff out post production...
Overall I'm still happy with it.

It's good to hear that everything is mixed well.
Thanks for listening dude.
Crittin' as I go. So far it's pretty good, I like the straightforward-ness of the piece as a whole, no gimmicks, just a couple of great riffs. The leads were pretty cool but they could be a little louder. Kind of get's repetitive, this definitely deserves some vocals. Pretty sweet man, keep it up!

p.s. Thanks for checkin' out my stuff!
Quote by v2a2n2g2
Crittin' as I go. So far it's pretty good, I like the straightforward-ness of the piece as a whole, no gimmicks, just a couple of great riffs. The leads were pretty cool but they could be a little louder. Kind of get's repetitive, this definitely deserves some vocals. Pretty sweet man, keep it up!

p.s. Thanks for checkin' out my stuff!

No worries anytime you need a crit send me the link. And cheers for the above comment.
wow the solo was as awesome as a kirk hammett solo!
so much energy!
the song sounded a bit too straight forward though- show us something that sounds different and unique- you definitely have the playing ability.
and how did u program your drums?
Quote by naybnbyuwn
wow the solo was as awesome as a kirk hammett solo!
so much energy!
the song sounded a bit too straight forward though- show us something that sounds different and unique- you definitely have the playing ability.

Cheers for the crit mate, try checking out my 'meow meow' vid for something different.
I liked it overall, definitely had the Hammett feel to the solos as was aformentioned. I dig the straightforwardness to be honest, I'm a subscriber to an Occam's method of music. Less can be so much more!

Just throw a comment down Just As I Am's channel if you care to crit.
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's
Hey, thanks for the crit. Just got done listening to Revelations. I can definitely see a comparison to Kirk Hammett, but the song's also got kind of an upbeat melody. I'd probably turn the lead guitar up a little bit, but I liked it overall.

It all sounds damn good. I'd turn up the lead guitar a bit, if anything. Find a good vocalist. This needs it badly. Great guitar tone. Loving the 'in-your-face' feel the track gives off. I don't have much criticism here. It's awesome.

Crit for crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1449134
Quote by naybnbyuwn

Used Guitar Pro5 to map out the midi and exported it to Reaper and used EZDrummer DFH for the sounds. It's real easy to do just takes a while to map out your beat and build the song, So when I tend to get an idea I'll try and get it done and saved, kinda like a loop and drag it in where needed.
@ Datgnat, MrDoOm, and Harlot Hero....

Cheers for the crits and i'll be hitting you guys up with crits soon as.
As for the Kirk thing, I'm well happy with that but I feel a million miles away in technique. Though to be compared to one of my guitar heros that's cool

I'll do a better mix next week and try and sort the levels out.
It's sounding great. Very listenable music. Light-hearted, youthful vibe, good for when you're in a good mood. Enjoyed it more on a second listen. Good job, sir.