Hey guys,
Is the Digitech rp355 worth the extra $30-$50? Is the added stomp box mode really that great?

On the rp355, when in stomp box mode, can you change the type of distortion, chorus, etc.? Or is it just one type of distortion, chorus, and delay?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry if I post too much.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 1, 2011,
used market /thread
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
Quote by rhino1957
used market /thread

What do you mean?
Download and read the manual. I think the stomp mode is worth it. Plus I believe you get more fx.
I've read the manual and I'm sure there is anyway you can change the effects in stomp box mode.

Yea you are right, I think I will get the 355 used ( or new, depending on the price). I also hear of a lot of people returning the 255 to get the 355, so that really tells you something. Thanks for all the help.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 1, 2011,
I was planning on moving up from my RP155 to the RP355 specifically because of the stompbox mode. I could use an ext expression pedal with my RP155, so that wasn't an issue. I found a used RP1000 for $225 and went for that instead. I think that those people w/ the RP255 were having the same problem as me. Not being able to turn stuff on and off on the fly.

BTW, my target price for the RP355 was $125. So I was just waiting for the right deal on eBay when the RP1000 popped up on Craigslist. You can find RP1000s for $250 on eBay. And you should be able to find an RP500 for under $200. No point buying new. Even my local GC had a used RP355 for $125, but missing the P/S.
but missing the P/S.

What is the P/S?

I found a new 355 on eBay for $167. Should I go for that or just or just get it used for $145?
Does pm mean previous message?
My buddy picked up the RP355 new from Sam Ash yesterday for $106 incl tax and shipping yesterday. If you didn't get my message you missed it.
Yea, i did not get to it fast enough, but I got your message though. A red flag went up in my head when I saw that I was $100 off. I think It would kind of be like stealing because it was supposed to be $30 off, not $100 off, and I know that they did not mean to do that. Maybe someone hacked in...

Anyway, I'll just find one for around $150. But thanks for telling me about it though, and thanks for all the help.

P.s. Do you still think there is no point in buying it new for $167 when I can get it used for $150?
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 3, 2011,
Totally up to you. I think if you wait, watch, and bid you can eventually get one for $125 on eBay. Otherwise just get the new one.
Yea, it depends how much money I get and if I have enough, ill just get it new.
Hey fly135,
How does the Boss me 25 compare to the rp355?
It is indeed, it comes with a looper, and the rp350 don't.
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Quote by dtmaiden
It is indeed, it comes with a looper, and the rp350 don't.

I mean the rp355, not 350. Does the me25 sound better than the rp355?
Quote by kutless999
I mean the rp355, not 350. Does the me25 sound better than the rp355?

In my experience of the boss and the digitech rp350, the digitech is better. However for stomp boxes boss does it like a boss
Quote by Cracked.com
Then they torched an Apple Store and made a PowerPoint about their experiences.
Yea, I like how the rp355 has a stomp box mode.
Quote by kutless999
Hey fly135,
How does the Boss me 25 compare to the rp355?
The me25 has a 38 sec looper and the freeze effect. Other than that the rp355 is better. The clips Sneaky, Unsynced Jam, and El loco in my profile are using the me25. The freeze effect kicks in after the 3 min mark in Sneaky. All these clips use the looper.
Quote by fly135
The me25 has a 38 sec looper and the freeze effect. Other than that the rp355 is better. The clips Sneaky, Unsynced Jam, and El loco in my profile are using the me25. The freeze effect kicks in after the 3 min mark in Sneaky. All these clips use the looper.

Hey fly135,do you have any experience with zoom mfx units?

Check your pm it's urgent.
Last edited by kutless999 at Jun 4, 2011,
I've owned the 707II, but that's ancient history. I've also owned the G9.2TT. It's a good unit and sounds good. I bought mine for $175 used and sold it 6 months later for the same. I didn't sell it because it was bad, but because the GNX4 has always been my main multifx due to the very powerful 8 track recorder/looper with synchonized midi drum machine.

I hear that people who have the G2.1 really like them. Some people think the Zoom name is associated with low quality/poor tone but I don't agree. What unit are you looking at?
Quote by fly135
I've owned the 707II, but that's ancient history. I've also owned the G9.2TT. It's a good unit and sounds good. I bought mine for $175 used and sold it 6 months later for the same. I didn't sell it because it was bad, but because the GNX4 has always been my main multifx due to the very powerful 8 track recorder/looper with synchonized midi drum machine.

I hear that people who have the G2.1 really like them. Some people think the Zoom name is associated with low quality/poor tone but I don't agree. What unit are you looking at?

I'm looking at the zoom g21nu. I can't seem to find any used though...
The thing I like about it is the display. I think it sounds the same as the rp355.
Quote by kutless999
I'm looking at the zoom g21nu. I can't seem to find any used though...
The thing I like about it is the display. I think it sounds the same as the rp355.

It sounds nice, works well. I love its Diezel model. Doesn't sound like a real one, but it's got its own ballz. I've got one as you can see in my sig.

You can also record with it as it comes with a Cubase LE Installer. I love the display as well. You can see it well even in a dark stage.

Doesn't have the stompbox mode tho, so its up to you if you want it.

Quote by Syriel
It sounds nice, works well. I love its Diezel model. Doesn't sound like a real one, but it's got its own ballz. I've got one as you can see in my sig.

You can also record with it as it comes with a Cubase LE Installer. I love the display as well. You can see it well even in a dark stage.

Doesn't have the stompbox mode tho, so its up to you if you want it.

So it sounds the same as the rp355? Are the amps and distortions combined? Has does that work?