Has anyone ever noticed that alot of times you don't want to play guitar, you force your self to pick it up and start playing, then 5-10 minutes in you can't stop playing? Is there an actual psychological term or theory behind this?

And on a side note does it always seem like you get interrupted right when you start playing (by outside things like getting the car washed, dinner, etc).
Euphoria. Also known as: ejaculation
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Endorphins
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by rockingamer2
Endorphins

Yep. And I'll tell you what, they get harder and harder to get as you play more and more.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Endorphins are ejaculated into your brain cells creating a state of mind known as euphoria.
Understand nothing, in order to learn everything.

Quote by liampje
I can write a coherent tune ... But 3/4? I play rock, not polka.
Quote by AlanHB
Yep. And I'll tell you what, they get harder and harder to get as you play more and more.

Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
I really get into that euphoria when I'm groovin it out slow than rippin through something fast
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!
Happens to me all the time. To answer your other question, yes I'm always getting interrupted by my girlfriend trying to tell me something or another. I usually have to tell her, "C'mon, I'm trying to play." Then she usually tones it down.
maybe slighty off topic but ive noticed when im dog tired im really creative guitar wise.
Quote by Mainer
lol same here haha, I wrote a killer guitar riff at like 2:30 this morning

nice