im pretty new at guitars (been playing for about 5 months) and ive been wanting an electric for a while now. i borrowed my cousins Ibanez RG120 and its pretty sweet but i want more than just a heavy distortion sound. i enjoy playing the distortion, but i want a wider range. so ive been trying to find an inexpensive (less then $100) guitar that would be a good/okay guitar for a beginner like myself. i listen mostly to alternative rock and stuff from the 70/80's.

i saw these guitars on amazon.com and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. if not any suggestions would be awesome.

http://www.amazon.com/Outlaw-Natural-Electric-Guitar-Harmonica/dp/B004UID8XE/ref=sr_1_32?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1306969142&sr=1-32

http://www.amazon.com/Viper-Electric-Guitar-Strap-Harmonica/dp/B004SBMDQQ/ref=sr_1_15?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1306969750&sr=1-15
Last edited by Jexxtron at Jun 1, 2011,
they're just gonna be your average dirt cheap pretty naff guitar. it's not gonna be anything special, but for a beginner, it's probably fine.
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
nothing special

it'll be fine for a beginner, just for $100, you're not gonna get anything that's good if i'm honest.
PRS SE Torero | Fender MIM Tele | Jackson RR3

Bugera TriRec Infinium | Randall RH50T

Marshall 1960AV

Soundcloud
Band Facebook
yeah im not expecting fender like quality so long as it sounds pretty good ill be happy thanks for the info
Honestly?

Save your $100.

You don't NEED a new guitar to learn and get better, and for $100 you'll just end up with something that in a years time you wont want to play anymore. You're basically just gonna end up buying a stepping stone to something better, why not hold onto your $100, let it build up to a higher figure, keep playing and learning with what you have, and then buy something of real quality - which you wont just throw away or sell on in the future

Learn from my mistakes. I've got an Epiphone SG Special and an Aria XL Series I wanna shift, because they're just trashy learner guitars I payed up for back in the day and haven't touched in 5 years.
Guitars
ESP Eclipse I CTM FR
LTD EC1000 FR
LTD H1007 FR

Bass
ESP Surveyor

Line 6 Pod HD500

Wanted: ESP XJ-6, ESP Classic 400 Strat/Tele or ESP Traditional Series Strat/Tele

Dig Symphonic Metal or Visual Kei < Click.
^That. $100 will barely get you decent quality, save up some money, and remember: second hand is your friend.
REGGIE
I've fiddled with sub-$100 guitars. Those ones you see at costco and whatnot. The brands that don't actually make guitars normally (like the 2 you posted). Not only do they play like utter shite, but they barely play at all. Seriously, even in tune most of the notes on the fretboard are almost a half step out
Guitars: Hamer XT Korina Explorer, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Bass: ESP LTD EC-154DX
Amp: Line 6 Spider Valve 112
I will garantee that those guitars will make learning difficultlook at Xavierre guitars, you can get a diecent sounding and playing guitar for @$140 they are having a blem sale right now also. This or Rhondo music will be your best bet.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
that does look exactly like what im looking for. any idea on the price?
A squier bullet for $20 is a steal. Let's be honest......it's a cheap guitar and you're not going to get anything similar to the RG. Try saving a bit and then buy a decent guitar. If you're reluctant to do so, the squier is a very good deal.......

I'd buy it for $20, the wood's probably worth $10.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Save up some more money and go used. If you look you can get a lot of good deals. I got a Schecter that was 400 new for about 170 used. When I was new I sold my pos fake strat for more then I got it for and got a decent guitar for about 100 out of pocket. You just have to look, try Craigslist, Ebay, Pawn shops and if there is a used music store around you.
ok thanks for all the info guys this has been a huge help. ill let you know what i get and when
i got a Blue Squire Affinity Strat with a fender Frontman 15G Amp. not the best ever but not a bad setup if i do say so myself...
Last edited by Jexxtron at Jun 9, 2011,
Personally, I don't think the guitar is nessecarily the problem. An RG (or GRG) will do cleans with a decent amp. Any guitar under 130 dollars will certainly be a step down from where you are now.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
I would also suggest looking at rondomusic.com. While I have never played an agile, a friend of mine has a 7 strings agile and loves it. Just make sure you go for something with a normal scale neck and 6 strings if you are learning. and.. of course.. Stay away from Floyds. (besides the floyds that come standard on agile's suck).
If your concern is a wider range of sounds then the guitar isn't really the issue, you need to make sure you get a decent amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
the last four replies obviously cant read. i already GOT the guitar AND an amp... '-.- its a blue squire affinity strat... sheesh...