I have around $400-500 to spend and I want a pointy star shaped guitar, preferably no floyd rose, must have 24 frets, pickups I don't care about (I can get kick ass pickups for cheap)

I was looking at these:
BC rich Stealth
Jackson Warrior
ESP LTD Gus G sig.

Not the Ibanez Xiphos, because even though Muhammed from Necrophagist uses one, I HATE Ibanez guitars.

I was almost hooked on the Gus G sig, until I realized it only has 22 frets. (Yes, I DO use the 24 fret a lot, it IS a must!)

Thanks guys.
if you hate Ibanez, then maybe you should take up the trombone
Os Abysmi Vel Daath
Custom RAN (headstock is pointy)
BC Rich Warlock
Jackson RR series
Dean Razorback?!? seriously, if your idea of a good guitar is pointy get one of those.

Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
ESP LTD MH-1000NT
Marshall AVT100
Boss ME-70

Quote by stratdud39
Thank you for your words of wisdom.
Quote by Grimpond

What I mean is I hate the affordable Ibanez guitars.

Their 1990 RGs are kick ass, but super expensive.

I only have $400-500 to spend, and the Ibanez guitars in that price range are horrible.
Quote by s-o-u-l-f-l-y
Custom RAN (headstock is pointy)
BC Rich Warlock
Jackson RR series
Dean Razorback?!? seriously, if your idea of a good guitar is pointy get one of those.

Razorbacks are super cheesy, I hate the warlocks from bc rich, don't want a flying V.

I want it to be an x or star type
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

My best best would be the Warrior or the Stealth.
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
www.facebook.com/bunderthird
Jackson man that's one of the best for metal I like Floyd roses so I think the dinky w/Floyd rose is better. I judge guitars by playability but u want flashy go with the warrior. Anything by Jackson is good
Last edited by musicman14579 at Jun 1, 2011,
check out the bc rich ironbird aswell, apart from that they've all pretty much been mentioned unless you can get an 80s charvel/jackson star for that price, doubt it though.
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by Grimpond

Why? Because he has different tastes than you? I myself hate Ibanez, even their top of the line stuff.

I second the DBZ bird of prey, it's got a floyd rose, but it's also one of the better deals you'll find out there for a pointy "metal" guitar. The stock pups aren't horrible either.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Quote by ShredWithEd

I only have $400-500 to spend, and the Ibanez guitars in that price range are horrible.

So buy a 2nd hand RG550?

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by ShredWithEd

The RG Tremolo series is. The other series are okay, especially the fixed bridge models.

If you get the Xiphos, just get the fixed bridge version, or get the one with the edge III and retro fit it with the Original Edge (you can buy them from Ibanez) - its a direct retrofit, and the Edge is the best trem ever made. Even better than the OFR.
Plus the Xiphos already comes with Dimarzio pickups.

Or you could get a Jackson Warrior, but the mid range Jacksons are only slightly better than the mid range Ibanez guitars - either way, you would really want to get a new tremolo.

Don't have that much experience with Dean, but the ones I have looked at are nice, I would go for one of the original ML guitars. The Dime tribute guitars are cheesy as hell, the only person who ever looked good playing those was Dime, everyone else looks like poser/douchebag.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Last edited by stonyman65 at Jun 1, 2011,
Ironbird!
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
Whatever guitar you get, make sure it's comfortable to play, fret access to the 24th is good (Even to the 6th string), and that your not wasting money on the fancy body shape.
METAL!
Used RG550/560/570
Used USA BC Rich Warlock or Gunslinger
Lefties Unite!
I'd go a Jackson warrior of your choices. But why a pointy guitar? Most are uncomfortable to play sitting down, and aren't optimal standing either (unless its a V). Get a guitar for feel, not looks.
The jackson RR serious are beautiful guitars imo, so nice to play, also look at esp/ltd guitars they do some really nice shapes
So you like pointy guitars...what's the point?!

Yeah anyway, a BC Rich Ironbird Pro is super pointy and, from the spec anyway, looks decent. Never played one though.
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
Whatever you get, get it used. At least you'll save some money and when you realise you look ridiculous you can sell it on without much of a loss.