Hey UG threadsearchers! I have a task for ya. Could anyone please tell me what kinda Tele this is? A friend of mine found it on the side of the road in pretty good condition. I plan on replaceing the bridge and pickguard but I have been trying to find its origin. I've had people run the serical number and say its a 94-95 Mexican Tele but... its says Squier series on the headstock along with the Fender logo. So am I dealing with a diffrent guitar or a copy/partscaster?

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.188705947823716.48554.100000529378064

Here are some pics of the guitar when i first got it.

You'll prob need to log into facebook to see them but the link works.
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
www.facebook.com/bunderthird
From what I can find (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) the date you have should be right and these were pretty decent instruments from when Fender first started manufacturing in Mexico. They're a bit obscure, but from what I've dug up they weren't "Squiers" the way we think of them today, and were on par with lower end Fender's. Probably better than most of what Squier pumps out these days. They had some cheaper components, but played well. It seems there weren't a whole lot of them out there and they've kind've slipped into the realm of the unknown. I'd say she's certainly worth fixing up if she plays nice.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Thanks man
She played great before I took the strings off. and it smelled like rotten Garbage for a week and a half when i first got it. Thus the "Garbagecaster"
Fender Telecaster
Squier Jazzmaster
Fender Deluxe Stratocaster
Hagstrom F-301
Epiphone Dot

Big Muff Pi
Small Clone
MXR Phase 90
Dunlop CFH
Crate V33H>Bugera2x12

Bunderthird (Alt Rock)
www.facebook.com/bunderthird
Last edited by theonecalledjoe at Jun 1, 2011,
No problem, I miss my Tele. Step-mom gave her to me to fix up, and once I fixed her up she gave her to my uncle without telling me. -shakes head- in was a partscaster, '69 tele body with aftermarket electronics and a replacement neck with a rosewood fingerboard that was just perfect.
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.