Need advice on ISP/Cable company choices. (Anyone ever used AT&T U-verse?)

So, I'm gonna be moving into a new house next week, and as such we have to pick an ISP/cable company (both with the same company preferably). Any advice on that?

I've looked at AT&T U-verse, heard both good and bad about it. Anyone used it? I'd be getting their fastest internet connection.

I don't want satellite, the only time I ever had satellite it had way too many problems with losing connection in even slightly rainy/windy conditions. If you think thats a better option you'll need to do a good job of convincing me.

The third option is staying with Time Warner. Which has been decent but it there's an improvement this is a good time to take it.

So pit, what do?
I'm using AT&T high speed internet connection. It was slow at first but I had to change the settings on the router.
STಠ_ಠ
Okay, new question:

I use the internet a ton, but I don't tend to stream full movies or download any. Is a 250 gig cap something I'd probably worry about?

EDIT: My dad uses internet a lot too, but it's mainly stuff for work and watching some videos. I'm the only heavy user in the house.
Last edited by TheZephyrSon at Jun 1, 2011,
Comcast also has a 250GB cap. Service is ok. They're fucking assholes though, always hiking up the rate. When I started in 2009 it was $50 a month. Now through some gradual marketing and rebranding bullshit I end up a $70 bill every month.

Quote by TheZephyrSon
Okay, new question:

I use the internet a ton, but I don't tend to stream full movies or download any. Is a 250 gig cap something I'd probably worry about?

If you're not doing massive torrenting, it's actually pretty hard to reach 250GB. Personally though, there are hundreds of GB's worth of sample libraries waiting for me...

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jun 1, 2011,
Quote by Xiaoxi
If you're not doing massive torrenting, it's actually pretty hard to reach 250GB. Personally though, there are hundreds of GB's worth of sample libraries waiting for me...

That's what I was thinking, thanks...I do download some but not a huge amount...

Now it's just a tough decision between AT&T and Time Warner
I really liked AT&T Uverse tv because you could record and watch from any room without any extra charge or equipment. As for the Internet service it was pretty fast. I had to switch to comcast though because Uverse is not available in my area.
UG Radio

Quote by ddrocksv3_4xpk
Thine Behold one rollin?
Quote by _T_H_R_I_C_E_
Lo, and the other lads be hating,
gallyvanting around,
attempting to catch me cycling in an unsavory fashion.

XBL: Panzyz

PSN: Dasan104
Quote by TheZephyrSon
Data cap? D:

Never heard of FIOS, I'll look it up.

EDIT: Well shit, FIOS looks awesome but isn't available. :/

Don't you even start complaining dickhead. My cap is 60GB, 14mbps and I pay 42 bucks a month apparently. Fuck your shit that's all I can get, and I don't have a cheap package either.
Quote by TheZephyrSon
lol canada

at least I can get free healthcare after I punch a wall in anger when I have to resort to more shady methods of getting internet once i hit my cap