Alright guys I am having quite the string breakage problem.

I got a Classic Vibe 60's strat about 3 weeks ago, a few days after getting it i broke the D string and passed it off as old crappy warehouse strings, so i set it up with Ernie Ball Super Slinkys and exactly 7 days after changing the D string goes again, and once again super slinkys go back on, and now today, 4 days after changing the D string breaks again.

What the hell is going on????

Is my saddle messed up? It doesn't seem to be high enough to put too much stress on the string and it feels smooth so it isn't catching on anything.

attached are some photos of what the string breakage looks like, its not a clean break, the steel breaks through, but the nickel winding stays all in one piece. Any help would be great, Thanks
Attachments:
string 002.jpg
string 003.jpg
If its breaking at the nut then you have a little nub that you should smooth out.
The way it broke is showing that something dug into it and openned up the coil enough for string tension to finish the job.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
So, it broke at the bridge then?

Did it break over the saddle? The bit of metal the string contacts before it hits the saddle? check both of those, see if any of the metal has been worn away to create a sort of sharp edge...

I've had a consistent problem in my Strat, which uses a import Wilkinson-type bridge, that the metal in the bridge gets worn away by string contact, and it consistently breaks where it makes contact with the bridge plate coming up from the sustain block. I've used little bits of paper and very thin cardboard to stop direct contact and it tends to work okay.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Deadlock Riff
If its breaking at the nut then you have a little nub that you should smooth out.
The way it broke is showing that something dug into it and openned up the coil enough for string tension to finish the job.

You were right on man, after closer inspection i have about a dust sized piece of saddle sticking out, just enough i guess, to cut my string. So my question now is, how do i remove this burr without scratching the saddle or causing other problems?
Maybe those light strings just can't handle your epic shreddage. Idk I had a break on my guitar a few days ago like that, its odd. Btw how is that classic vibe treating you?
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
Quote by theponz
Maybe those light strings just can't handle your epic shreddage. Idk I had a break on my guitar a few days ago like that, its odd. Btw how is that classic vibe treating you?

This strat is probably my favorite guitar out of all of mine, it plays great and sounds great. I don't know man its just like the perfect guitar for me. The neck feels great to me, I love the string tension (its not too tight that I can't bend, but no so loose that I can't do anything), the action is low and smooth, and it sounds great. I haven't had any problems with it except for this saddle and its obviously from my massive shreddage haha
That's good, Im reeallly wanting a strat for my next guitar and my pride would only settle for a Fender (mim) but I've heard great things about the classic vibe series and theyre very affordable so now I have a dilemma
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
It probably is the saddle, but I used to use Ernie Balls and D'addario's strings, but they kept breaking so I switched to Elixir Nanoweb's and I haven't broke any strings since. Plus they last long and sound great!