Page 1 of 2
Hey, I just downloaded the Demoniac album, The Fire and the Wind.
Oh **** it was awesome.
Deomniac were a Black metal band from New Zealand, formed in 1993 and broke up shortly after the realease of their Last album in 1999.
It featured Sam Totman and Herman Li who went on to join DragonHeart, now known as Dragonforce.

The band's sound could be described as Blackened Power Metal.
Their image, black metal Kiwi bogans who like to **** and party....
The album cover show's Sam Totman giving "rear entry" to a prostitute.
LOL.
A quick google image search of Demoniac will show them in bdsm jock straps with prostitutes wearing black metal makeup.

But........ LOL.

The actual album was awesome. It shows the early prototype of Dragonforce's sound, Herman Li's epic soloing is still present (No Pac man noises, although I heard the Floyd Rose being abused a few times).
Very solid album. Mixing;s abit down, and the lyrics in "Demoniac Spell" were laughable, but I sung along to it for the hell of it.

"If your not F--king metal, your a F--king fool,
f--king loads of s--ts, and drinking loads of booze,
Studded wrists and Bullet belts, metal all the way,
if your not f--king metal, then your f--king gay!"

The vocals can be described as Black Metal shreikinbg. They were good vocals to me, considering I dont usually listen to Black metal.

Go and listen to this album now. You'd be suprised.
Another great Australian band
Because Australia actually brought New Zealand for a small ammount of money back in 1923...
METAL!
Haha, wow, at first I didn't know if this was a troll, spam bot or what... Then I actually looked it up on Youtube and I must say it's pretty surreal. This is what Dragonforce would sound like with growls, haven't listened to it all but a couple of songs are a bit more BM-esque.

The hilarious/slightly disturbing song titles, lyrics, covers... Just wow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6THlWXLXX4 And this has to be the strangest thing I've heard in a long time. "We worship satan and we're ****ing evil"
And yes they seem to have more albums than the one OP mentions, 3 in fact.
Last edited by Ascendant at Jun 2, 2011,
Yes. I know about them, and as a Kiwi I am desperately trying to forget about them.
Better than Dragonforce that's for sure.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Ascendant
Haha, wow, at first I didn't know if this was a troll, spam bot or what... Then I actually looked it up on Youtube and I must say it's pretty surreal. This is what Dragonforce would sound like with growls, haven't listened to it all but a couple of songs are a bit more BM-esque.

The hilarious/slightly disturbing song titles, lyrics, covers... Just wow. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6THlWXLXX4 And this has to be the strangest thing I've heard in a long time. "We worship satan and we're ****ing evil"
And yes they seem to have more albums than the one OP mentions, 3 in fact.

Ahaha Im a spam bot? Troll? nah. But Demoniac is pretty messed up so I dont blame yah.

Those earlier albums are more black metal so I've read, might listen If Im bored enough.

Quote by LucasGtrGod
Yes. I know about them, and as a Kiwi I am desperately trying to forget about them.

New Zealand doesn't have many metal bands, so I'm guessing in New Zealand they worship these guys and have shrines built on every street corner.
METAL!
Witchrist,Vassafor and Diocletian are all NZ. They have it better than allot of places, no need to worship mediocre Metal.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
Better than Dragonforce that's for sure.

What isn't better than Dragonforce?

By the way I can barely stand Demoniac.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Quote by Riffmast
Witchrist,Vassafor and Diocletian are all NZ. They have it better than allot of places, no need to worship mediocre Metal.

What is it with all the Kiwi bands have weird names that are hard to spell and impossible to pronounce?
Might check them out...

Quote by Crazed Shredder
What isn't better than Dragonforce?

By the way I can barely stand Demoniac.

Dragonforce and Demoniac are good bands, good music..
Demoniac had low production quality, and were probally drunk when they made all the albums, but aaay, it's great metal still, and Herman Li's shredding has improved heaps since the 90's, but it is still far better than allot of metal guitarists I know.
What is up with allot of people and their dislike of Dragonforce they make good Power Metal and Power Metal is awesome.
METAL!
I like Dragonforce, but cannot stand this band. At all. I tried listening all the way through The Fire and the Wind, and it killed me a little inside.
I tried em a while back, didn't like. and DF's only good album IMO is Valley of the Damned.
Quote by NotFromANUS
"Don't brutal your sister, Timmy!"

last.fm
Quote by Ultraussie

Dragonforce and Demoniac are good bands, good music..
Demoniac had low production quality, and were probally drunk when they made all the albums, but aaay, it's great metal still, and Herman Li's shredding has improved heaps since the 90's, but it is still far better than allot of metal guitarists I know.
What is up with allot of people and their dislike of Dragonforce they make good Power Metal and Power Metal is awesome.

On second thought I would rather listen to Dragonforce but both bands are mediocre in my opinion.
Quote by beadhangingOne
Are you talking about those weird sphincter-spasms where it feels like there's a ghost dick in your ass for a little while and then it just disappears?
Last edited by Crazed Shredder at Jun 2, 2011,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umcMVpgw8wM

This is the happiest black metal I've ever heard. No wonder they broke up! I mean, Dragonforce isn't that much better, but I'm really not surprised this project bombed. Blackened power metal just doesn't seem like it should exist, in my opinion
Last edited by Spoonerismz at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by Ultraussie
What is it with all the Kiwi bands have weird names that are hard to spell and impossible to pronounce?
Might check them out...

Don't
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Spoonerismz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umcMVpgw8wM

This is the happiest black metal I've ever heard. No wonder they broke up! I mean, Dragonforce isn't that much better, but I'm really not surprised this project bombed. Blackened power metal just doesn't seem like it should exist, in my opinion

Happiest black metal band?
LOL.
And I'm pretty sure the band died out after they decided to relocate to the United Kingdom, where they couldn't do anything and it folded.
And then Totman made Shadow Warriors, fail, dont care, and then they all made Dragonforce, which is well known even outside metal circles (How many metal band's manage to acheive that, most of them suck anyway)...
Rest is history...
METAL!
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
What was fail about Shadow Warriors? those few tracks where class. nice upbeat mixture of power metal and pop punk.

And, let's not forget those rediculous song names..
Not that Demoniac and Dragonforce don't make silly song names as well, but "The Strike of the Ninja"?.

Prweeesseee. Asuan Maun Get Offaunded. Ywou knoaw, we alswo spwerk Engrish.
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
Happiest black metal band?
LOL.
And I'm pretty sure the band died out after they decided to relocate to the United Kingdom, where they couldn't do anything and it folded.
And then Totman made Shadow Warriors, fail, dont care, and then they all made Dragonforce, which is well known even outside metal circles (How many metal band's manage to acheive that, most of them suck anyway)...
Rest is history...

this doesn't make a metal band good.
Quite the opposite usually.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
Are you into Ulcerate at all? I read an interview with the drummer and he cited those exact bands almost in that exact order as good bands from their local scene haha.
I do like them, never find myself listening to them though.I heard the new album was fantastic.
Quote by Steve08

Quote by Riffmast
I do like them, never find myself listening to them though.I heard the new album was fantastic.

Yes! This is what happens to me. I'm never compelled to give them further listens.
Quote by Riffmast
All of their stuff is great, although the most recent one sounds pretty similar to Everything is Fire, but it's more atmospheric in comparison. The images it paints in my mind are like, post-apocalyptic, and most of the songs have at least one crushing, super bleak part.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixzS-115wN4
Cool track, i like it, has a very bitter/depressing kind of atmosphere.I'm getting so much Fas ought of this as far as the mechanics go, though the atmosphere is different.
Quote by Steve08

Weren't they in a Nazi metal band before Demoniac?
I leik music
Weren't they in a Nazi metal band before Demoniac?

I'm pretty sure they shout "HITLER METAL HEIG SEIL!!" on the Fire and Wind album..

this doesn't make a metal band good.

It doesn't, but they have to be resonably good, especially when they aren't Core or Nu crap.
Power Metal. What teenage girl listens to Power Metal these days?

Anyway, it's not like to can go up to random people and say "YEH YOU KNOW DIVINE HERESY SICKEST TECHICAL DEAAATH METAHL!!!" and they'd not have a clue what your on about..
METAL!
Quote by Spoonerismz
This is the happiest black metal I've ever heard.

Seconded. Reminds me of late 50's / early 60's female pop music for some reason.
Quote by Ultraussie
"If your not F--king metal, your a F--king fool,
f--king loads of s--ts, and drinking loads of booze,
Studded wrists and Bullet belts, metal all the way,
if your not f--king metal, then your f--king gay!"

It was around this point in the OP that I decided i'd rather not even give these guys a chance. That one section of lyrics tells me everything I need to know about them.

No thank you, OP. I'll pass.

Anyway, it's not like to can go up to random people and say "YEH YOU KNOW DIVINE HERESY SICKEST TECHICAL DEAAATH METAHL!!!" and they'd not have a clue what your on about..

so? why does that even matter?
Quote by institutions
It was around this point in the OP that I decided i'd rather not even give these guys a chance. That one section of lyrics tells me everything I need to know about them.

No thank you, OP. I'll pass.

It was just one section of lyrics that I thought were funny?
This band is actually seriously good, take the song "Daggers and Ice".
Halfway through, everything breaks down real slow, acoustic bits, and then mid tempo rhythym section accompanies Herman Li's epic slow, Clapton-esque soloing, before he speeds it up in epic shred over the mid tempo rhythym, adding to the atmosphere.
Sophisicated. Epic.
METAL!
No, this band is awful and should be thrown in a pit of fire.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by Ultraussie

Sophisicated. Epic.

No. More like: "done a billion times and better."
Quote by The Wildchild
No, this band is awful and should be thrown in a pit of fire.

Demoniac would want to be thrown in a pit of fire so that they can scare young children with their 3rd degree burns.
Remember: Production sucks because they were all piss poor and it was the 90's.
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
Demoniac would want to be thrown in a pit of fire so that they can scare young children with their 3rd degree burns.

Quote by Ultraussie

Nobody cares about the quality of the production, a lot of the members here listen to music with lo-fi production. The point is, the music is sh*t.
i didn't realize anyone liked Demoniac.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Page 1 of 2