the tuning keys on my guitar seem really sensitive, like I barely have to move it at all to jump a half step up or down. I mean like way less than all my other guitars. I was wondering if there is a way to make them a little less sensitive with out replacing them?
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
Not really, I'm afraid. If you mean it turns too easily, it may be fixable, but if you mean a small turn changes the tension too much, that"s a function of the gear ratio, and that can't really be changed by anything short of replacement.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
Not really, I'm afraid. If you mean it turns too easily, it may be fixable, but if you mean a small turn changes the tension too much, that"s a function of the gear ratio, and that can't really be changed by anything short of replacement.

well, I guess I'll have to replace em then, thanks man!
Quote by Dirk Gently
Some pieces are only meant to be played by people with six fingers on their fretting hand. Sorry.
My friend had a problem like this with his cheap Dean vendetta.
He showed it to me, and all I did was tighten the screw thats on the actual tuners. Everything worked fine afterwards.

Needless to say, I didn't charge him.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Last edited by Chaz-6(sic)6 at Jun 2, 2011,
Just tighten the screws on the head of the machine head. Problem solved
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
alright then I'll try that first ^ thanks for your help guys!
Quote by Dirk Gently