Greetings,

So I've been GASing for a 7 string pretty bad, but the options don't look so great (budget under $1000) with the exception of this bad boy: http://www.rondomusic.com/product3595.html

Pretty set on the 25.5 scale and natural finish.

I know agile's got a good rep around here; any other options I have around that price?

Also, anyone had any experience with rondomusic shipping to Australia?

Cheers!
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Trust me, I'm a medical student
I personally don't like the feel of agile's, they play and feel like a cheap guitar pretending to be something better. Ibanez RG7321s are a much better option I'd say, and a great instrument to mod later on. It's what I reccomend to anyone keen on purchasing their first 7.
^Well, the Ibanez RG1527 would be even better if this guy just has the patience to save up a bit more, that's what I would do.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

I'd get this one instead http://www.rondomusic.com/SEPTORelite725ebdncdot.html but really I'd try and get a 27" scale as you'll need it to get a decent tension on that B string
http://www.rondomusic.com/septoreltdnctrigreen.html

The Elite serious is much better than the Pro series.

And for that guy telling him to get a 7321, that's laughable...the agile blows it out of the water. Now talking about that prestige is another story
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Last edited by megano28 at Jun 2, 2011,
^I personally think that it's not good to get any "cheap" gear. I've got some personal experience too, that's why I avoid guitars that cost under $500 new.
That Septor Elite looks nice indeed, but I think that TS could go for a better one if he really is into 7-string guitars.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by megano28
I'd get this one instead http://www.rondomusic.com/SEPTORelite725ebdncdot.html but really I'd try and get a 27" scale as you'll need it to get a decent tension on that B string
http://www.rondomusic.com/septoreltdnctrigreen.html

The Elite serious is much better than the Pro series.

And for that guy telling him to get a 7321, that's laughable...the agile blows it out of the water. Now talking about that prestige is another story

He wasn't telling him to get anything, he was speaking his own personal opinion...

I myself have never tried Agile guitars before, since it's near impossible to try one without purchasing one. I would much rather be able to try out my guitar before buying, instead of taking a blind shot in the dark and hoping it lives up to the hype...
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Quote by Sakke
^Well, the Ibanez RG1527 would be even better if this guy just has the patience to save up a bit more, that's what I would do.

There's always better. "This guy" has plenty of money; I just don't feel like spending more than $1000.

Thanks for the recs so far, but gotta take into account the 160 bucks shipping to Aus and the $65 hard case needed as well

@megano: good point about tension, didn't think that far ahead haha. Is the B gonna be that floppy on a 25.5?
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Quote by Ratfish
There's always better. "This guy" has plenty of money; I just don't feel like spending more than $1000.

Thanks for the recs so far, but gotta take into account the 160 bucks shipping to Aus and the $65 hard case needed as well

@megano: good point about tension, didn't think that far ahead haha. Is the B gonna be that floppy on a 25.5?

I tune to Drop B and sometimes Drop A on a 25.5 scale guitar (6 string) with 12-56 gauge strings and it only gets a lil bit of flab on the low A, although it still retains a tight sound. I mainly play in B though, and I can happily say you will have virtually 0 flop on the B String if you keep it in B.

Mind you, you will probably be using a heavier B string so you could get down to A and still keep it tight as all hell.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Last edited by Mopy at Jun 2, 2011,
You wont have any issues with tension with 25.5 if you get it set up well. Another thing to look for is optimum string tension, where the amount of pressure placed on your neck incrementally builds with each string, ie your highest (pitch) string has the least amount of pressure on it, and the your lowest (pitch) string has the most. There are a few guides to string tension online that you could easily find. That having been said plenty of guitarists use 25.5 scale instruments tuned to the B and A range. Baritones are wicked, i have a 6 string LTD which is awesome, but not essential.
And I'd seriously be advising against Agile, like I said before id suggest the 7321, it has phenomenal mod potential too. Cheaper schecters are nice too, just so long as you don't mind a slightly thicker neck.
Duly noted, thanks guys
Fender Highway 1 Strat
Agile Septor Pro 725

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Axe-Fx Ultra

Quote by Ratfish

You'd probably be okay if you left it at B, but if you plan on going lower(and you will, trust me )

Personally I also enjoy the bigger fret spacing, it makes my 25.5 ibby seem like a toy almost, but that's all preference.

I'd still advise against the 7321 though, 'mod potential' means you'll invest $$$ on a piece of shit when you could have just gone 'big'

Trust me Agiles aren't 'cheap' either, especially the elite series....that being said though, it would be beat by a prestige ibanez if you got the cash to spend
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more