Hey guys,

I'm looking to buy a guitar to record some songs. I'm a bassist but I used to be a guitarist a couple of years ago, so I have some experience. The guitar must be good for modern rock and metal rhythm (no shredding, no brutal metal) and under $500-600. I prefer guitars with fixed bridge and neck through construction, but that's not mandatory. I will tune it to D standard and record direct with my audio interface and Guitar Rig.

Thanks.
So, you're looking for a generic neck through with a fixed bridge, and probably humbuckers...

Mid level Epiphone
Mid level Ibanez
Mid level Jackson

Really, I'd just go to guitar center with a wad of cash and play as many guitars as they'll allow, and buy the one you like best that falls into your price range. Most mid range humbucker guitars will have very similar sound. You're looking for something that plays nice, and we really can't suggest things based on personal preference.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Quote by jpatan
So, you're looking for a generic neck through with a fixed bridge, and probably humbuckers...

Mid level Epiphone
Mid level Ibanez
Mid level Jackson

Really, I'd just go to guitar center with a wad of cash and play as many guitars as they'll allow, and buy the one you like best that falls into your price range. Most mid range humbucker guitars will have very similar sound. You're looking for something that plays nice, and we really can't suggest things based on personal preference.
You are right, but there is a problem: no guitar center where I live. There is only a small music shop here and it's expensive as hell (think about the average online price and double it).
Just get one ebay and find something like a used LTD EC400.

Will be perfect in every way.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Just found an used Peavey Void II for 300€ ($434). It comes with EMG 81 and 60. What do you think?
Last edited by Poglia at Jun 2, 2011,