I guess everyone who finds themself tappin' up a pint of beer too much at a gig, or just at a party can relate and contribute to this thread.

Anyway, the point of this thread is;
What are your best cure for hangovers? What to do when you get hungover after a wild night, or day, and what for you works most?

I guess i'll start with what worked for me this morning...
I got home, and drank water, water, water, water, a coke and then smoked an unfiltered cigarette, while listening to some fairly quiet reggae/dancehall. It worked pretty well, especially the ciagarette, surprisingly enough!

So, any other good tips? (:
Smoke a tiny bit of weed instead. Boom, hangover gone. Otherwise, thrash water before you pass out.
Uh, well, what I find is a very good techn--

Quote by PuNk245
I guess everyone who finds themself tappin' up a pint of beer too much at a gig, or just at a party can relate and contribute to this thread.

oh

Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Standard hangover is cured with a lots of water and then back to bed for a few hours.

The only cure for a bad hangover is time, vomiting and water.
500ml of Irn Bru, Sachet of Salt (to get the sodium levels back up), Sachet of Resolve(TM), 2 Ibuprofen and a massive bacon roll. I also find that having a tactical tug helps...
Usually the regret of what I did the night before takes my mind off of it.

Edit: Holy fuck you're from Meldrum! ^^^
I'm from Ellon!!
Last edited by whoomit at Jun 2, 2011,
Quote by Floods_Solo
Irn Bru

Aye. This.

Generally though I just replenish all the water I've lost. I don't eat usually for a few hours after getting up. Taking a shower helps for me.

And as Zzzonked said, Drink a big glass of water before you go to bed.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Hangovers are mostly due to dehydration, since the alcohol changes the osmolarity of your blood and acts as a diuretic. Therefore the only real way of getting rid of them is drinking a lot of water. The weed idea doesn't get rid of the hangover, it just stops you noticing it, so is probably pretty bad for you since it's preventing you from rehydrating yourself, which is what your body really needs.

Adding sugar to the water will also help since absorbtion of water in your small intestine is linked to the absorbtion of glucose.
-TimmyExtreme-
Last edited by TimmyExtreme at Jun 2, 2011,
Never seen so many Scots in a thread, surprise surprise we all come out as soon as there's a thread about hangovers
Prevent hangovers, stay drunk.
Vision is the art of seeing things invisible to others.
I find it funny how the majority of posters here are Scots

Personally I don't eat anything, drink water, and hope for it to go away. It seems to work after a few hours.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
I like lucozade with my hangover.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Quote by whoomit
Usually the regret of what I did the night before takes my mind off of it.

Edit: Holy fuck you're from Meldrum! ^^^
I'm from Ellon!!
Duuude. Freaky. I haven't updated my profile in three years. I should do that...

On Topic:

Exercising is about the worst thing you can do for a hangover - you'll just dehydrate your body further and feel like crap.
Quote by TimmyExtreme
Hangovers are mostly due to dehydration, since the alcohol changes the osmolarity of your blood and acts as a diuretic. Therefore the only real way of getting rid of them is drinking a lot of water. The weed idea doesn't get rid of the hangover, it just stops you noticing it, so is probably pretty bad for you since it's preventing you from rehydrating yourself, which is what your body really needs.

Adding sugar to the water will also help since absorbtion of water in your small intestine is linked to the absorbtion of glucose.

???

No, it's linked to the absorption of Na+ which you get from salt. Glucose is also linked to the absorption of Na+, but not to the absorption of water. They both need Na+ to pass through the symport-proteins in the epithel-cells of the small intestine.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
I don't get hangovers unless I've had enough to achieve at least 4 hours of memory loss. I've only ever had 2 proper hangovers, and the best cure I found for that was a massive fry up. Oh, and downing about 3 pints of water helps too.

Quote by entity0009
Hangover prevention: Drink vodka. Never had a hangover off vodka in my life, and I'm sure a number of people will be able to tell you how much of it I drink.

He's not lying guys. Vodka runs through this guy's veins. He puts Russians to shame.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Last edited by BeefWellington at Jun 2, 2011,
Get a time machine, go back to the previous night, and don't drink as much.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Hangover prevention: Drink vodka. Never had a hangover off vodka in my life, and I'm sure a number of people will be able to tell you how much of it I drink.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Water and bread.

That's all it takes, there's also this pill that you can only find in Brazil (I forgot the name), you take one before drinking and then one before you sleep.
I had these on my Birthday, and let me just say if there is a god these things came straight from him.
Imagine getting COMPLETELY wasted and waking up actually feeling good!
Quote by Muffinz
???

No, it's linked to the absorption of Na+ which you get from salt. Glucose is also linked to the absorption of Na+, but not to the absorption of water. They both need Na+ to pass through the symport-proteins in the epithel-cells of the small intestine.

Na and glucose are both absorbed simultaeneously via a co-transporter molecule. The movement of Na out of the gut lumen is what creates an osmotic potential and pulls water out of the lumen into the enterocytes, therefore glucose and water absorbtion are linked.
-TimmyExtreme-
Last edited by TimmyExtreme at Jun 2, 2011,
I only get hangovers after mixing stupidly the night before.
Therefore my only remedies were either further drinking, or regrets and sleeping heavily with a bottle of cold water by my bed.
Quote by Greenie_777

The only cure for a bad hangover is time, vomiting and water.

Thats about as true as it gets! whatever you do though, dont add more drugs. it f'n hurts...
Quote by Macabre Lullaby

Wait, so not only did I NOT get drunk, I also got PREGNANT and didn't even get any homosex out of it. Worst night ever.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
My girlfriend's doing a double degree in law. I think dick jokes are funny.
Water and something sweet before passing out.
Sports drink the next morning.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
A pie, smash out two bottles of powerade, water and then if possible, sit in the sun. Never failed me.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte