Hello guys, I'm going to buy my first electric guitar soon. I'm playing acoustic for almost 1 year now, and i saved some money to buy an electric guitar + amp. But since I dont have any experience with electric guitars, I decided to ask you guys for some help .

The music i listen to is mostly hardrock, metal and some punk, but since this is my first electric guitar I would like being able playing all styles of music on it, so im looking for an all-round guitar which can handle stuff like metal.

I read on the forums that a Yamaha Pacifica would be a nice beginners guitar, but in the shop were I want to buy my guitar those guitars are €275,- (http://www.rockpalace.com/product/Yamaha-Pacifica-120H-Black) and thats a little above my budget, since my budget is €300 and i also want to buy an amp.

I also saw this guitar: http://www.rockpalace.com/product/Ibanez-GRG170DX-Black-Night but i heard that low-budget Ibanez guitars are mostly crap. Can you guys tell me if thats right?

I was thinking of this amp:
http://www.rockpalace.com/product/Roland-Cube-15XL

If you guys now any other good beginners guitar or amp within my budget, feel free to say :P
personally i'd try to get up to the yamaha

for the amp, i'd consider the microcube ahead of the 15 as it has the amp models (or ideally try to stretch to the 30, though that's gonna kill your budget ).

other options would be the vox valvetronix range, peavey vypyr, vox da5/mini3...

i haven't tried all of those so that's not a personal recommendation...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Ibanez is great, it was my second guitar. Get it with a nice amp like a Roland Cube 20 or 30.
I have the cube 15X.
You'll love the XL version.

The reasons I say get the 15 version over the micro cube.

- Still versatile
- Bigger speaker fo more bass
- 3 band EQ
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
thanks everybody for the reactions so far

Quote by jeffo46
Go with a ESP LTD M-10. They're only $149.00 U.S. and if you buy one from www.americanmusical.com , they'll also toss in a free gigbag as well.

Looks like a nice guitar, but is it good for other styles then metal?
Quote by Woffelz
I have the cube 15X.
You'll love the XL version.

The reasons I say get the 15 version over the micro cube.

- Still versatile
- Bigger speaker fo more bass
- 3 band EQ

it doesn't have the amp models, though, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by <<I>>

Yes, I've used it for soft rock and jazz once at a friend's house. Sounded decent enough.

A guitar will do most any style you want it to - I've seen smooth jazz played on a BC Rich Probeast before. The amp will dictate your tone more than your guitar will.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Quote by Dave_Mc
it doesn't have the amp models, though, right?

On the 15XL, the distortions are based on 3 BOSS pedals
- Metal zone
- Distortion
- Overdrive

The Extreme model is new.

I assume the clean is based on the Jazz chorus amp, but not too sure.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

Quote by <<I>>
thanks everybody for the reactions so far

Absolutely!

I own a LTD M-15 ,which costs $200.00 U.S. and is available only through Guitar Center, www.musiciansfriend.com, and www.music123.com . It looks just like the LTD M-10 except that it has a twin Blade single coil design hum bucker in the neck and a humbucker in the bridge. I've had it for over 3 months now and use it with my band, and it sounds great. We do a mix of Blues, Classic Rock, and 80's Hair metal and it can handle all of those genres. ESP's are IMO, the best guitars for beginners .
Quote by Woffelz
On the 15XL, the distortions are based on 3 BOSS pedals
- Metal zone
- Distortion
- Overdrive

The Extreme model is new.

I assume the clean is based on the Jazz chorus amp, but not too sure.

yeah i mean i tried the old roland cube 15 and i thought the stompbox models were horrible. I mean it doesn't help that i'm not too keen on the actual pedals it's modelling either
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Buy an Epiphone, great quality starter guitars at low prices! got one two days ago and love it
Seriously, the cube series are amazing for their prices.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

That Ibanez you chose does not look too bad, but I would not get a guitar with a Vibrato (Whammy bar) as a first guitar, you'll break it within two seconds, I swear..
I recommend a tune-o-matic or wrap around style bridges for beginner's, even at professional level you'll probally stick with them because they are easier to change tunings with (The metal genere, as you'll find, has heaps of alternate tunings, Drop C, Drop D, B standard etc).
Floyd Rose's only work in E Standard unless you get the guitar set up especially for another tuning, a waste of time.
I'd reccomend a Company such as BC Rich or Shecter, Yamaha's suck for metal, rock more like it. But you metal guitar will powwwwwwwnnnnn rock music anyway.
My mate has a pacfica, they're basically stratocaster copies, and it's not a very nice guitar. It was so nasty he stopped playing guitar and became a bass player. Honest.
METAL!
Quote by Ultraussie
That Ibanez you chose does not look too bad, but I would not get a guitar with a Vibrato (Whammy bar) as a first guitar, you'll break it within two seconds, I swear..
I recommend a tune-o-matic or wrap around style bridges for beginner's, even at professional level you'll probally stick with them because they are easier to change tunings with (The metal genere, as you'll find, has heaps of alternate tunings, Drop C, Drop D, B standard etc)
Floyd Rose's only work in E Standard unless you get the guitar set up especially for another tuning, a waste of time..

I'd reccomend a Company such as BC Rich or Shecter, Yamaha's suck for metal, rock more like it. But you metal guitar will powwwwwwwnnnnn rock music anyway.
My mate has a pacfica, they're basically stratocaster copies, and it's not a very nice guitar. It was so nasty he stopped playing guitar and became a bass player. Honest.

The bit in bold is fairly sensible advice, although the logic is a bit iffy in places.

The bit not in bold is fanboy nonsense though and should be ignored.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
+1
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?