So,I'm looking for amp with best clean chanell. I play on clean 95% of my songs,and rest I play on Ibanez TS 808.

I was in Thomann in Germany today and I tried few amps:

Egnater Renegade 212 - Awesome,warm jazz/blues clean.
Peavey JSX - Also has beautiful clean.
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk II - Also has interesting clean sound.

I tried some Fender amps.. Anyway,has anyone sugestion what to buy? Money is not a problem.
inb4 dumble and fragile harmonics

srsly though, i guess just try out everything you can. also make sure it works well with the ts.

off the top of my head, something blackface fendery, maybe
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The best clean channel from a guitar amp that Ive heard was a Fender Twin Reverb. The worst dirty channel Ive heard from a guitar amp was a Fender Twin Reverb :|

Id love to know what the Ibanez pedal would do to it : )

Quote by Saint_Zg
So,I'm looking for amp with best clean chanell. I play on clean 95% of my songs,and rest I play on Ibanez TS 808.

I was in Thomann in Germany today and I tried few amps:

Egnater Renegade 212 - Awesome,warm jazz/blues clean.
Peavey JSX - Also has beautiful clean.
Hughes & Kettner Triamp Mk II - Also has interesting clean sound.

I tried some Fender amps.. Anyway,has anyone sugestion what to buy? Money is not a problem.
Blackface Fender Twin or Bassman.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by crowhue
The worst dirty channel Ive heard from a guitar amp was a Fender Twin Reverb :|

You've been lucky then.

TS you've really got all kinds of things to decide on here. I mean I can't even tell you what defines a good clean. Your idea of a beautiful clean tone might be a fat, rounded, jazzy clean, somebody else's might be a gritty breaking up sound and another might like paint stripping treble. All you can do is try out everything you can find, with your current gear. I personally prefer slightly more chimey voxy cleans.
Last edited by ProgFolk12 at Jun 2, 2011,
+1

He's exactly right. There is no 'best' clean, there's only your favorite clean. Try as many amps as you can and see what you like. Fenders and Voxes would be my first looks, but that doesn't mean something else isn't just as good.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Best cleans? A Fender Twin Reverb.

Tho I also like the clean channel of the Mesa Lonestar for a slightly different sound
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Last edited by ragingkitty at Jun 2, 2011,
Fender Twin Reverb was my first thought as well.
PRS Tremonti Signature (charcoal burst)
Gibson Les Paul Studio Nitro (electric lime)
PRS SE One
---
EVH 5150 III 50w / 5150 III 212 cab
Blackstar HT-5
"Best" cleans:
- Fender Twin Reverb/Bassman
- some kind of Dumble clone (eg: Ceriatone Overtone Special)
- any kind of Two Rock (best clean tones ever)
- Marshall JTM 45
- VOX AC30
- Mesa Boogie Lone Star
Fender MIA Stratocaster (with SD Twang Banger)
Epiphone Les Paul Special II
Johnson Acoustic
Palmer FAB5
A Two-Rock V3
Or a Two-Rock Studio Pro 35
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Or a Glaswerks, or a Carol Ann...

I really like the cleans out of the Marshall Major too.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
There are so many thousands of clean sounds. Anyone telling you that an amp is best, is an idiot.
Quote by UtBDan
this man hits the nail on the head.
Quote by Vendetta V
Spider III ?

Fix'd

Seriously though, cleans vary so much from amp to amp, brand to brand, really it's not possible to have the "best" cleans.
RIP Adam
Quote by Woffelz
Roland Jazz Chorus.

I played it,awesome amp. Is this tube amp or?
Well if we are going to be silly - 10W Gorilla.

The Jazz Chorus is SS. Probably the only SS amp I wouldn't stick out with the garbage.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
You want awesome cleans?
VOX AC30

/thread
End of thread cause nothing gives better cleans. Not just my opinion, but proven by a bunch of guys in white lab coats with mice and gerbils.
Quote by CodeMonk
You want awesome cleans?
VOX AC30

/thread
End of thread cause nothing gives better cleans. Not just my opinion, but proven by a bunch of guys in white lab coats with mice and gerbils.

No ratts?

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Aside from Fender, Vox, and the Mesa Lonestar, there are also Orange amps. I actually prefer Orange cleans to Fender cleans (I've used the Tiny Terror, Rockerverb 100 MKII, and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe).
Fender Strat -> MXR GT-OD -> Lovepedal OD-11 -> MXR Black Label Chorus -> Mesa F-30

Exclusively using V-Picks!
Quote by gregs1020
No ratts?

What do you think the lab coats are actually made out of?

I don't know about the Hod Rod Deluxe, but the cleans on a Hot Rod Deville aren't anything to write home about. My friend has 2 HRD-4x10's and his amp starts breaking up way earlier than my AC30. Cleans aren't all that wonderful on that one IMO.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Jun 2, 2011,
Mesa Lonestar Classic
Fender Twin
Dr Z Maz
Roland JC120

Quote by Cathbard
The Jazz Chorus is SS. Probably the only SS amp I wouldn't stick out with the garbage.

I'd add the Labseries L5 to that list as well. I've never heard another SS amp sound as warm and rich and one of those things.
Quote by icronic
Mesa Lonestar Classic
Fender Twin
Dr Z Maz
Roland JC120

I'd add the Labseries L5 to that list as well. I've never heard another SS amp sound as warm and rich and one of those things.

They work quite well for BB King

I would still pick a Vox. But I myself would pick a Vox over anything. I'm a bit of a Vox fanboi.
Ampeg are renowned for their cleans.
Amazed no one has suggested Ampeg yet.
Specifically vintage amps, I'm not sure about their new series or anything post 80's.
I have a 1977 VT-40 and am buying a 1970 V-4 in a couple of weeks. They are ridiculously clean when you want them to be.
They can do the tube growl sound at relatively low volume if you have one with the Master Volume control.
Put an Overdrive in front of it and you will have an eargasm.
..I was watching my death.
Hey now, don't talk shit about the 10W Gorillas! Thing was loaded with crystal lettuce. I have one from the 70s that was my dads which I used when I started out.

It's broken now though

I would say either Vox, a couple Marshalls, or a Fender, maybe an Orange AD30... You're just going to have to play as many as you can find, because at that point it becomes personal preference.

On the JSX, after owning one for a couple years, I found the best word to describe the clean channel is brittle. I was fine with it at first, but I think they could have been better and wouldn't recommend it if you only need cleans.
Quote by stykerwolf
no love for the roland jc120?

Its been mentioned a few times.

1st choice : AC30
2nd choice : Roland JC 120
99,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999th choice Marshal MG15.
I bought Bepone KTO (custom build in Croatia) - Fender Twin Reverb (clean) and Soldano Hot Rod (overdrive)
Quote by -zilla-
Rivera.
[/end]

I was just about to complain that nobody said Rivera...

My favorite clean sound ever.. Rivera.. oh my..
/rig
A fender twin reverb and a Roland jc-120.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Bogner Shiva Combo blew me away with its cleans.
Gear

Mesa/Boogie Mark V Head
Mills Acoustics Mach 212B
Peavey Vypyr 15w
ESP LTD EC-1000 guitar (BKP Nailbombs)
Fender American Standard Strat
PRS Custom 24
Dunlop KH Signature Wah
Menatone Red Snapper
Boss DD-7 Delay
Zvex Fuzz Factory