I like to tune down to C Standard a lot. If my guitar isn't in C, it's in Drop-C. I'm currently using Ernie Ball 58-14 (Seven string pack, but I play a six) and the top strings are just too thick for me to get a good sound. As well, my guitar will come out of tune right after I tune it up.

So what I'm asking is, what are the lightest gauge strings that I could use for tuning to C, without the strings getting loose?
Depends a lot on your guitar's scale length, other setup, and your preferences. I like to use .12-.56 or .11-.54 sets if I tune to C or drop C, depending on whether I feel like having a tighter tension or a looser one. If you plan on also playing in drop C, I'd recommend the .11 set - but, as stated, it's all to your personal preference.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by The^Unforgiven
Depends a lot on your guitar's scale length, other setup, and your preferences. I like to use .12-.56 or .11-.54 sets if I tune to C or drop C, depending on whether I feel like having a tighter tension or a looser one. If you plan on also playing in drop C, I'd recommend the .11 set - but, as stated, it's all to your personal preference.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the scale length. Do you mean how tall my guitar is, from the bridge to the head?
When I tune to C Standard on my Schecter, I usually use .12-.52 D'addarios. gives me good tension on the higher strings and a booming thick tone on the lower ones. + there 6 string sets
well right now im playing some drop C but dont want to reset my entire guitar - im running 10heavy bottom in 10-52 and raised teh bridge slightly. loose but work.

ideally, i would probably rock 11 heavy bottoms (or something close to whatever those would be).

if you had a 25.5 scale you might get away with 10 heavy bottoms or 11 standards. im in 24.75.
I like Ernie Ball Power Slinky's for downtuning personally.

But I bought every single gauge and brand of string through process of elimination for that kind of thing though certain gauges and brands aren't for everyone.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"