Quote by BBC NEWS
The World Health Organization says the E. coli outbreak in Germany is a completely new strain of the bacteria.

The infection can cause the deadly complication - haemolytic-uraemic syndrome (HUS) - affecting the blood and kidneys.

More than 1,500 people have been infected and 17 have died: 16 in Germany and one in Sweden. Kensai, we need your help.

In the UK, three British nationals have been infected - all had visited Germany. Run, Woffelz, run!

Linkage below
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-13626499
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!
Last edited by Woffelz at Jun 2, 2011,
Yeah, I heard this on the news yesterday and I did some reading on the thing. Apparently it shouldn't be deadly at all except with kids and the elderly. Either this one is something special or we have Swine Flu 2.0 on our hands
A few infected in my city actually. I hope it's not serious =/
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
A few infected in my city actually. I hope it's not serious =/

And so the death of Kensai is bestowed upon us We shall miss you
Oh, can I have your guitars after you die
'More than 1,500 people have been infected and 17 have died: 16 in Germany and one in Sweden.'

That's terrible. I heard about this two days ago, but I didn't know it was this bad.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
It's here in Sweden as well. I assume it's gonna be a big media success.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by G.Krizzel
Scheiße! Scheiße!

Scheißeeeee!!!

Yes, we all love that Lady Gaga song but that's not relevant now.
Quote by G.Krizzel
????????

Which lady gaga song?

I dunno... He could be talking about Scheiße, but that seems pretty far-fetched.
Wake me up when the Black Plague rises anew please, not when the so-manieth "catastrophic" disease kills about 100 people and then is promptly forgotten about.

Sucks for the people who do die to the disease, but as long as it's less than 30% of the population I'm not going to worry.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
whenever I hear e. coli outbreak, all I can think about is how much cooler it'd be if it were an Ebola outbreak.

#DTWD
This disease makes your kidneys stop, makes your stomach turn against you, and make a weapon of mass-destruction of your rectum.

Howcome this is international news now, when the news out here is filled with it for about two weeks now already?
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
That'll teach us Europeans for not eating real food imitation products.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
meh, I'm not too worried about it, just like I wasn't worried about swine flu.

The only people I've heard of that have died of this have been over 70 (of which, you know, many already have failing kidneys), and as to the 1700 infected, I'm pretty sure the people infected with stomach viruses at any given time are a lot more than that.

From what I can see it's media hype, but hey, they say they think it's coming from vegetables, so I'm not exactly wringing my hands in fear.

Also, isn't this a bacteria? One of those kinds that you can simply kill by cooking your food?
I hope Coreysmonster and Kensai make it through this okay.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
I hope Coreysmonster and Kensai make it through this okay.

Thanks for the concern. Dick.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Thanks for the concern. Dick.

They're the only people that I know of that are in the effected area. Hopefully the rest of the people are okay too, but right now I'm more concerned about the future of UG.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
They're the only people that I know of that are in the effected area. Hopefully the rest of the people are okay too, but right now I'm more concerned about the future of UG.

OK.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Also, isn't this a bacteria? One of those kinds that you can simply kill by cooking your food?

They were getting rid of cucumbers IIRC, which aren't usually eaten cooked.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I hope JohnnyGenzale makes it through this okay.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
Quote by laid-to-waste
I hope JohnnyGenzale makes it through this okay.

So do I. Otherwise I'll die.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
So do I. Otherwise I'll die.

And what about me?! I have a sore throat
But in all seriousness. it's most likely just another 'Swine Flu'. I'm going to panic when the numbers start getting a little more serious
Media is gonna make loads of money on this tripe. And people will blindly buy into the shit they will spout out. Like what happened with the swine flu.
Quote by CoreysMonster
meh, I'm not too worried about it, just like I wasn't worried about swine flu.

The only people I've heard of that have died of this have been over 70 (of which, you know, many already have failing kidneys), and as to the 1700 infected, I'm pretty sure the people infected with stomach viruses at any given time are a lot more than that.

From what I can see it's media hype, but hey, they say they think it's coming from vegetables, so I'm not exactly wringing my hands in fear.

You're the first person I thought about when I read the thread title.
Come october and we will all be dead from this bacteria and that doomsday prophet will just stand there with a sad face realising he can't affect anyone now his prophecy of the rapture.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
You uptight creationists still believers?

This is just plain scary, even if you're not in Germany.

It's not really that scary
Quote by CoreysMonster

Yes. In your rectal intestines, it's your best friend. Anywhere else, however...
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Not concerned about it. On the off chance you get infected, as long as its caught early enough, any one who catches it should be fine.
The bacteria planned this carefully using pandemic 2, i new that game was no good from the start..